I am switching from Bricks Builder to Zion Builder because of the reasons below. No promotion of any kind. Just the issues which I have noted are highlighted.
1. Slow Update Cycle: I have noticed bugs are fixed in next release instead of small bug fix releases. Bugs of 1.37 requires user to update to 1.4 beta which itself is a beta release. So next release means wait of few months before the bugs are fixed in between releases. Zion releases quick updates if any bugs are noted. So easier for user to use in production. Zion is more stable compared to Bricks. Bricks may be more buggy due to major changes in the code base in last few releases.
2. Lack of 3rd Party Dev: Zion builder dev api is very flexible and all the addons goes through their existing Zion Cache System and Styling System. It’s difficult to create addons for Bricks and the existing addons like Bricksable and Max Addons are lack luster compared to Zion’s ZiUltimate & ZionExtras.
3. Less Flexibility in Bricks: Zion allows any element to be nested inside any element with no limits. Any element can be converted into a repeater (posts, terms, taxonomy, ACF repeater). I can achieve the same in Bricks but requires me to use a lot of code which I am doing right now. Zion saves time for me in this aspect.
4. Copy Elements across Tabs: Elements across tabs / templates can be copied in Zion.
5. Lack of Mega Menu, Popups & Display Conditions: I can achieve display conditions via code easily
in Bricks. But mega menu and popups are big trouble with responsive css. Zion have all three.
I understand Bricks next few updates will include nesting and some features. But it will still lack the flexibility due to repeater, lack of proper 3rd party dev api and slow update cycle to fix bugs.
I wish Bricks team thank you for all the support and work. I feel that Bricks might be worth revisiting end of this year.