WIP: Using carousel shortcode inside of tab widget disregards items to display

Bricks Version: 1.3.9
Browser: Chrome 97.0.4692.71
URL: https://wordpress-457383-2370048.cloudwaysapps.com/

Hi I’m not sure if it’s me but when I add the carousel shortcode inside the tab widget content section, on the front end it is displaying all photos and not just one (I have it set to 1 in the carousel settings.)

Also as a side note, in the Slider settings (not carousel) it mentions setting the number to view to one for some of the transitions, but the menu item isn’t present in Slider settings to set the number to view. It is only present in the carousel widget.

Hi @GemmadaSilva Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I know with the first part you mentioned there is a current bug with nesting elements

Which i think maybe related to your issue: SOLVED: Gallery and carousel image preview issues

The good news is this is due to be added in the next couple of releases: Roadmap – Bricks

With regards to the second part I also have this issue, It strange because I have got it set to one and remember coming across this issue. But now I cannot remember where the setting is to change it to 2 or 3 etc?

Hopefully @timmse can help she some light.

Hi yes it’s definitely missing from the Slider menu. Present in carousel. I wouldn’t have realised had it not referenced it in the tool tip about slide transitions.

Hi Gemma,

First of all, welcome to the forum, and thank you very much for your report!
Michael answered your first question perfectly correctly, and question 2 is an excellent catch!

The label is superfluous and implies that the slider can show multiple items - but it can’t (but the carousel can). We will remove the label.

Thanks for the hint!

Best regards,
timmse