WIP: Data-attributes not showing in the DOM structure of the backend

Bricks Version: 1.5 RC
Browser: Chrome 90
URL: local

Hey guys,

I’m not sure if this is intended or if it is a bug, but I noticed the data-attributes are not being output on the elements inside the builder view - which leads the scripts that depend on it to be non-working. While everything is working on the frontend, it makes the backend experience quite messy.

Thanks,
Maxime

11 Likes

Hello Maxime,

Thank you for your report.

Yes, we are aware of this issue and it will be sorted out in a future release. I’ve added your message to the task in our bug tracker so we could notify you as soon as we get news.

Thank you
Luis

1 Like

Any update on this? I’m having issues with this as well and noticed there hasn’t been any activity since August.

2 Likes

yep … fully second this … same here!

@luistinygod second this, any news on that? it still feels very weird to add some extra JS to put an attribute to an element, when it can be output natively.

Hi Vasilii,
Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, I can’t say more than that the topic is still on the ToDo list - among many others. One after the other…

Best regards,
timmse

Seems like this should be an easy fix, but it’s been lingering for months. Please prioritize.

1 Like

I presume this happening for both custom attributes added via the builder UI as well as anything using the render_attributes filter? That seems to be my experience, but just making sure I’m not misunderstanding what I’m seeing.

Popping back in here—would it be possible to prioritize this for the next release? This was reported in 1.5, more than a year ago.

@timmse Hi :slight_smile: This would be a really important thing to be honest. My complete layout is done with a custom class on the tag. It work on front-end but in builder mode, it’s not possible to work there. I have to add the class each time manually via the developer tools of the browser.

As manu other Bricks Builder users, I also noticed this issue. While working on backend, we need to see every rendering in the Canvas, to have an exact result of what will be displayed client side. Moreover, nowadays attributes are vitals; we can’t work without them anymore; they are absolutely necessary. Please, fix that issue as soon as possible for allowing us working in best conditions.

Thanks again for your incredible tool.

This really needs to get fixed. For me however, the data-attributes are rendered in the builder on single templates but not on section templates. Also scripts added to the $scripts array on custom elements do not execute for me. Same thing there, they execute in single template builder but not in section template builder.