We still need access to query loop settings when querying bi-directional relationships

Currently, when you select to query from a bi-directional relationship, you lose all the rest of the query settings:

For example, I still want to be able to choose the number of posts that are queried. I create a relationship between my testimonials and services so I can show testimonials that are related to a specific service on a service page. I still need to be able to choose the number of testimonials I query even when querying from this relationship (among many other examples)…

56 Likes

Would you not just add another loop with your desired settings?

Not sure what you mean…

I have a custom post type of event and locations. The two are related via a mb relationsship.

How to show the events of locations?

First div loop → for locations - here you can set how many posts you want to show
Second div loop → mb relationship event - location

Now if you add a dynamic heading for the post title it shows you the events for all locations

If you would disable the second loop it would only show the locations. If you enable the second mb loop it shows you the events name related to the locations.

Is this not a similar usecase?

No, that’s not how I’m using them.

I have a service page “Web design”. I have FAQs that are related to that service.

I want to query the FAQs on the web design page.

There’s only one loop needed, but that loop has no controls for the query once the relationship is selected.

5 Likes

Exactly … these additional controls are heavily missing! Fully support your request!

6 Likes

Yes.

I prefer how Oxygen gets the relationship. It’s simply a post query with post__in filter of the relation field.

But the problem of bricks now is: 1. Post query’s post__in filter does not support dynamic data. 2. Bricks gives a dedicated relationship query. But this query, like you said, has no additional options.

@Thomas any update on this issue?

3 Likes

It is very necessary, I hope it will be added soon

2 Likes

I have also come to a use case where I need the additional parameters in order to achieve my full desired outcome. I am getting the proper data outputted, however, I would like to: change the order, and exclude the current post.

1 Like

another vote on this please!

1 Like

Another vote for me for this feature as well! I have posts with hundreds of relationships so can’t purely show all the related posts. I need to be able to easily set the number of posts per page.

1 Like

When this is added please make sure to support the Load More interaction as well.

Very needed for a lot of sites!

2 Likes

I am new Bricks and have just realized that I cannot control ACF Repeater and Relationsip queries… That is very needed…

Same here. New to bricks. Using Metabox relationships or ACF relationships on query loop looses the rest of query settings. Such a let down. Why is this so hard to implement?

just want to make a small correction that it is quite possible via code, but not through the interface (at this time).

1 Like

Maybe a great tutorial for Brickslabs? <3

I wrote one on 28 Jun.

2 Likes

Really helpful! Thanks Sridhar! =)