SOLVED: Bug in navigator panel (Drag and drop is problematic)

Browser: Chrome 114
URL: Link to a page that illustrates this issue

Hi team.

It seems that in recent versions, drag and drop in the structure panel has become very difficult. For example, I want to move a widget in the structure panel. Previously, by clicking and holding any part of a widget in the structure panel, it was possible to move the widget. But now we can only open the layers if we click and hold on the widgets icon.
The situation is very difficult. Also, as another case, in the structure panel, the cursor is a pointer in some sections. It is clear in the video below. I hope everything is clear.

Hi Hosein,
Thanks so much for your report!

Please make the video publicly available, without the need of requesting access.

Best regards,
timmse

Hi @timmse

Sorry, the link has been corrected.

Thanks, Hosein!
To which version are you referring when you say:

So that I can make a direct comparison. I have no problem with the behavior or cursor, which is technically correct if you look at the markup.

In version 1.5, there was no problem moving elements in the structure panel. Are you currently experiencing problems when you drag and drop elements in the structure panel? (regardless of cursor)
I have this problem now on version 1.7.3 try.bricksbuilder.io

As I said, I have no problems with the Structure Panel. We have one or two reports about it but don’t know how to reproduce the problems.

Unfortunately, this also applies to your problem, which I cannot reproduce (neither with macOS and various browsers nor on my Windows PC).

It is strange. I will try to look into this in more detail. Thank you!

Hey! Glad to see I’m not alone with this. Perhaps we can get together in my thread and collect our settings and findings? I’ve been trying to provide as much detail as possible about my setup.

1 Like

Happy to help any way I can.

One thing I’ll say is that I can drag items in the Structure Panel… but only when grabbing onto the icon area. If I grab anywhere else on the element other than the icon, then it will just select the text as I drag.

1 Like

This is exactly the problem.

1 Like

Well it’s a bit different for me. I don’t mind that the icon area is the only area where I can drag, though I will say I liked it more when I could drag the whole thing. However, the text selection bug happens to me all the time, no matter where I grab. Check out the video in my thread from a couple days ago.

1 Like

Hey guys,
We want to take another look at this topic. The change in dragging behavior had (at least) one reason, but I can’t find any records of it right now. However, we will look at it again :v:

2 Likes

Hi guys,

We’ve changed the behavior again in Bricks 1.8.2, which is now available as a one-click update in your WordPress dashboard.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse

2 Likes