WAIT: Element dragging/dropping in structure pane is a pain

Browser: Chrome 111.0.5563.146 (Official Build) (64-bit)
URL: N/A
Video: Bricks 1.7.1: Dragging items in the structure panel is a pain in the ass - YouTube

Since update to 1.7.1, it’s become very difficult to drag and drop elements in the structure pane. On 9/10 attempts, instead of dragging, text gets highlighted. See video above.

2 Likes

FWIW, I am unable to reproduce this issue on my laptop, same OS (Linux Mint) and same browser (Chrome). My desktop is being repasted, so I’ll check again there when I have it back. Anyway, this might not be a bug, but something with my PC.

Ok,
Let’s wait and see.

I think if it’s a general issue, we’d have more reports about it because it would affect almost every user.

Best regards,
timmse

I agree. If I can reproduce it, I’ll try to figure out the steps. Thank you!

I get the exact same thing.

I am using Brave, but I also just tested in Firefox and the result is the same. I’m on a Mac (currently Ventura 13.2.1)

I’ve been meaning to follow up on this, too. The issue still occurs on my PCs as well, in fact, also on the laptop. However, I still have no idea how to reproduce it reliably.

Video recorded 5 minutes ago on 3 website builds, latest Chrome & WP & Bricks & plugins, with browser extensions on/off and in normal + incognito window:

Perhaps making the entire structure element draggable again might fix this. Renaming could still be done via double-click or F2.

Hey team, just wanted to follow up real quick and ask if perhaps you would consider adding keyboard shortcuts as a workaround for those of us who have problems dragging and dropping in the structure pane? I understand my experience is an absolute edge case, but this has a considerable impact on my workflow.

For instance, I’d be happy to just use something like Alt+Shift+Arrow Keys to move any selected element around, akin to how we’re already using Ctrl+Shift+Arrow Keys to navigate in the structure panel.

This has been reported several times.

Hey guys,
in the next version, the whole element will be draggable again, which might fix the problem. Until then the post remains on WAIT :v:

3 Likes

This is terrific news! Very much looking forward to the next version :slight_smile: