WAIT: Bricks Editor - Canvas and StructurePanel work flaky

Bricks: 1.7.3
Browser: Chrome & Firefox

No matter if Firefox or Chrome, I unfortunately have problems with the canvas and the structure panel all the time, which slows down the work significantly. It’s also hard to pinpoint the problems, as they happen at whim.

Unfortunately working on the canvas is extremely tedious because elements are sometimes inserted at the end and not where you drag the element in.

Also when I duplicate an element (no matter if Canvas or Panel) it sometimes doesn’t appear directly in Canvas (only after F5). What also happens often in the structure panel is that an element is inserted at the very bottom (outside of a container), although I have selected the element above it before.

grafik

These are all small things, but they add up and unfortunately slow down the workflow. I do not know if others also have the problem? I also tested it in the private mode of the browser and had the same problems there.

Is this a bug or are there any tricks to fix it? The Fix Copy/Paste Firefox fix from the Known Issues I have already configured in the browser.

It seems that a few people here also have similar problems

Hi,
Thanks so much for your report!

Problems that occur on a whim are more than difficult to fix. We generally need reproducible steps to be able to solve a problem. Otherwise, it is the famous needle in the haystack.

Would you be so kind as to provide a screencast using https://birdeatsbug.com or https://jam.dev showing and explaining what’s going on, if the problem occurs again?

Best regards,
timmse

Hi Timmse,

I have tried to record it as best as possible. I hope this helps.
At the very beginning you can see the duplicate from the canvas and at the end that the new element (heading) is inserted at the very end of the document outside the container.
Mostly I do it this way, that I write my texts in Notepad or MS Word and then copy them into the relevant elements.

And these are my settings

Best and thank you