"View on frontend" button behaviour is not consistent

Bricks Version: 1.6beta2

Hi,

When opening the builder in a new tab from WP page liste, view on frontend button opens the frontend page in a new tab. I guess this is the expected behaviour, since the page is reloaded when saving inside the builder. This is pretty handy.

But if you browse the site from this newly opened tab, with menu or buttons or links, and edit another page with “Edit with Bricks” shortcut in top bar, then the view on frontend button now opens the page in the same tab, thu, leaving the builder on that page.

Also, the CTRL+click shortcut to open in a new tab has no effect on this button (I guess it’s not a genuine link but a JS event?).

So this is very frustrating because half of the time, you lose the builder when you need to see the page on frontend!

The behaviour should be the same all the time:

• either it opens the page in the same tab and CTRL+click opens it in a new tab (the most intuitive)
  • either it opens the page in a new tab, and maybe CTRL+click opens in the same (less intuitive)

Given the browser’s native behaviour and that sometimes we need to quit the builder to the frontend directly, I would choose first solution.

Oh and by the way, please unhide the view on frontend button so that we don’t need to switch to preview mode first, this is so terrible…

Thanks in avance!!!

1 Like

Hey Yan,

Yeah, I have noticed this too. I am 99% sure it was not always like this, perhaps from 1.5.5 onwards I noticed this?

1 Like