Template Switch In Builder => Add Templates Icon (top left menu bar)

Inside the builder I am using the pages icon all the time to quickly switch to other pages and open them with Bricks builder.

When working with a ton of CPT’s and a ton of templates, it would make much sense to add a new template icon with the same functionality as the pages icon.
=> Clicking the templates button opens an overview of all templates.
=> Clicking one of the templates opens this template directly in Bricks Builder

Would save a ton of clicks!

And yes, I know, that there is a template icon on the right of the menu bar, but this is not so efficient to use at all :frowning:

@timmse What do you think. Would help to make Bricks interface a bit more efficient!

1 Like

But, if you want to, I think adding it to the dropdown here is better. Tidier as it won’t mess up the UI design.

4 Likes

An alternate approach:

Thanks @Sridhar! for your recommendation! have of course already taken a look at your Navigator Plugin, but it’s too oversized from my point of view. I do not want or need all these additional Bricks Infos (Getting Started, Roadmap, … such stuff) every time I am opening the Navigator. I think this is quite distracting.

Additionally I think it was WAY better how you built it for Oxygen. We could choose which links we wanted to have in the top menu bar and hovering over one of those links immediately opened ONLY the desired pages/posts list. THIS was extremely helpful and convenient (and efficient). I am really hoping you create the same functionality for Bricks too … with only one additional wish: allow to choose CPT links to be added if needed :slight_smile:

or create a js bookmarklet and it will open template page in new tab when you click on the browser bookmark.

javascript: (() => {     var newURL = window.location.host + "/" + "wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=bricks_template";    window.open("https://"+newURL, "_blank"); })();
2 Likes

Linked to this request: Improve builder top bar ergonomics

1 Like