SOLVED: Unsplash image download never stops

Bricks Version: 1.4
Browser: Firefox

When I choose an image and click to download it in the in-built Unsplash browser, the loading icon keeps spinning. The window never closes on successful downloading of the image. I have to click outside the Unsplash window to reveal the WP media library with the downloaded image.

So basically the builder can’t detect if the image is finished downloading to close the Unsplash window automatically after it.

Thanks.

Hi Khan,
Thanks so much for your report!

It is not intended that the window closes after the download, because then you would have to open it again and again if you want to download more than one image. As you said before you can click outside or just press ESC to close the Unsplash dialog.

However, this is not a bug :slight_smile:

Best regards,
timmse

I was just hoping to get an alert like ‘The image is being downloaded’ or something like that. Right now the loading spinner just keeps spinning over the downloaded image in the Unsplash window even if it has been downloaded in the BG. Anyway, thanks.

Hi Khan,
depending on the size of the image and your internet connection, the download may take a while. However, once the image has been downloaded, a message will be displayed instead of the loading spinner and the blue download indicator in the top bar will disappear: https://vimeo.com/717960857/e165c11cbc

Thanks for the reply @timmse. I know you guys are busy but I would love your attention to 3 other threads I recently started to help make Bricks better:

Thanks again for listening to the community and also accepting my suggestion in the idea board :slight_smile: