SOLVED: Single post template error

Bricks Version: 1.1.3
Browser: Brave
URL: (a link to a page that illustrates the issue would be really helpful)

I am trying to create a listing site.
I create a CPT using Metabox and can populate these.
I have a page which uses the Posts widget to display all teh Custom posts ( This now works although previously it didn’t show any CPTs - same bricks version so no idea why its now ok ).
( There are other issues with the Posts widget and dynamic fields or lack of )
I created a Bricks Single template to display the single CPT. It’s very basic having just Title and featured Image. I set the condition to be the CPT only.
Now when I click on any post in the listing grid I get a blank page that says " Whoops, that page is gone"
Why can’t it display the CPT using the template? What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Alan

Happy to look into this for you, Alan :slight_smile: Do you have a link to the template with the listing grid for me, so I can try to debug it?

Hi, sorry for the delay - been away in the real world. ( Oh and Facebook has kicked me out, again. What is it with them? No explanation just login one day and a message saying I am now banned )

Anyway here is a link to access.
*** removed link ***
valid until July 4th.

FT1 from the menu lets you submit a new post
FE list ( under FT1 ) shows the posts. Clicking on any post should then take you to the individual post, but doesn’t.

Cheers
Alan

Ok ignore me … I think I have solved this now.
I was trying to submit a CPT from the front end, using metabox. I had been playing around with the field names in the CPT field group to try and add the Title and Featured Image from within the field group rather than using the WP defaults, so i can style them.
It seems that in all the changes I made the CPTs retained their original field names until I went into each and resaved them. So my template was looking for things that didn’t exist.
Having settled on my final field names and resaved all the CPTs it is all now working!
Phew.
Sorry to have troubled you.
Cheers
Alan

1 Like