SOLVED: No community templates available

Bricks Version: 1.3.4
Browser: Safari 14.0.3
URL: not available

I did a “clean” install of Wordpress and Bricks (1.3.4), unfortunately I can’t access the community templates. These are not loaded/found.

I have used the default settings of Bricks.

I have installed Bricks 1.3.3 and tried another browser (Chrome) in both cases, same problem.

Thx for the help!

2 Likes

Same here. I tried a clean install and can’t see any templates.

same here… clean install and no community templates

Hi @Daantje @Wabbit @Nightingale ,
the issue is related to a license certificate problem.

Please see SOLVED: Certificate has expired when activating license - #6 by luistinygod and try to press the little reload icon on the upper right of the community templates tab. If that does not work please follow Luis advice.

1 Like

Hello @Nightingale, @Wabbit and @Daantje

Sorry for all this trouble with the Community Templates. Let’s Encrypt, our SSL certificate provider, made a change (DST Root CA X3 Expiration (September 2021) - Let’s Encrypt), which is the root cause for an SSL error while fetching the community templates. Unfortunately, after September 30th, some platforms don’t trust the Let’s Encrypt ISRG’s “ISRG Root X1” certificate, which causes this error.

We believe with time, this issue will be solved. Meanwhile, as mentioned by @timmse, the workaround is to install (and activate) the Bricks child theme (you can get a copy of it through your Bricks account page) and add the following code snippet to the functions.php file:

add_filter( 'bricks/remote_get', function( $args ) {
  $args['sslverify'] = false;
  return $args;
} );

Works fine now for me.

A tip for others - They didn’t appear for me until I hit the refresh icon, on the top right. Then they all appeared just fine.

2 Likes

Hello @HCA,

We were caught by surprise with this SSL issue and we immediately add an hotfix to the current Bricks version (1.3.4) to avoid issues in the license activation.

For the Community Templates, we proposed a workaround. A fix for this will also be included in the coming Bricks release (1.3.5).

We are always available in help@bricksbuilder.io.