SOLVED: Heading color not inherited by container typography setting

Bricks Version: 1.5-Beta(this issue persists since 1st version)
Browser: Chrome 90
URL: -

Hi!
I have wanted to report this issue for a long time(this issue was there since very first version) but always forget to do so. Now, I want to write it before I forget again.

The issue has been clearly stated in the title of this post.
The container’s typography setting did not inherit heading’s colour.

Refer to the screencast, and you will know what I’m trying to say.

For example, I am setting the hover effect for a full-width container. I inserted a heading, basic, and rich text into the container. I want the colour of all text in the container to change when I hover over the container. But, only basic text and rich text have been reflected when I hover over it. But the heading has not reflected the changes. By right, the heading would also change to yellow together.

I don’t think this should be done by styling inner selector.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you!

Regards,
Jornes

1 Like

Hi Jornes,
Thanks so much for your report!

As you correctly pointed out, the “problem” has been around for a while. It is simply because the headings have a default color (which I think we can do without since it is almost black anyway). I will address this internally. Fingers crossed!

Best regards,
timmse

3 Likes

Alright. Thanks, @timmse ! :wink:

Short info: will be fixed in 1.5 stable :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Glad to hear that, @timmse ! :smiley:

This seems to still be an issue in 1.7.3 I came here to report the bug.

1 Like

Hi Andrew,
Do you have a live link where I can see the problem?

Indeed, this still seems to be an issue.
I am setting psudostate hover for a block to affect the typography, changing it to red. While basic text is affected, headers are not.

Hi @CuriousCase , welcome to the forum!
Can you please provide a live link and a screencast using https://jam.dev showing and explaining what’s happening?

Best regards,
timmse