SOLVED: Bricks classes lost

We experience the same today that classes are gone when collab on the site working on different templates and sites (all class) missing after comeing back?

Hi René,
That’s annoying to hear. What exactly do you mean by

Can you provide us with specific steps so that we can reproduce the problem?

I mean we working in collab on different templates and sites, and when the developer come back after a few hours the “class” where removed of all the work he had done.

So there is a problem we have experience it once before, also where i have worked for 1-2 hours and then come back and i dosent work (we have saved) the work but still the class where missing?

Thats the issue

Maybe you’re both logged in at the same time and saving is overridding the other person’s changes?

Hi wplit

We worked on different templates and sites? i should be possible

We never work on the same page or template

Hmm yeah but this is not good if u mean u can work on the same time on diffrent templates and save?

Hi René,
Was the page or template still open during your “absence”? If so, only with one of you or both…

I really need concrete and reproducible information to track down the potential problem.

We have also been experiencing this nearly every time when two devs have been working on the same site at the same time (on different subpages) and have been adding and customizing new classes / working with classes. It always seemed to work for a while, but suddenly - and this happened every time - classes created by one of the two devs have been completely gone.

Since this issue persisted and since we couldn’t find a workaround, we - unfortunately - needed to stop that 2 devs are working on the same site at the same time, so I can’t give more details at this point of time.

Nevertheless, I have also heard from other agencies/devs, that this is in fact an issue for others too and - as far as I know - no one found a solution for this kind of class loss and stopped doing it.

Would be great, if this could be solved at any point in the future … especially if you have larger projects with tight timeframes.

I’ve just noticed that we already have a significantly more up-to-date report and an internal task for this issue @dyna @beziehungsweise :v:

We’ll update the thread mentioned above once the fix has been implemented.

3 Likes

just searched about the issue and wondering since its marked as “sovled” and last answer is noone can say when its fixed? any insights about this would help alot.

1 Like

Hi @grafikundso,

The bug in this forum report was fixed in 1.6.2:

There’s a different bug that could cause classes to be lost which is reported here and is a work in progress: WIP: Simultaneous CSS Editing