Query Bricks Data in Search Results

The “Query Bricks Data in Search Results,” set to off by default, is incredibly ambiguous. Seeing it off one assumes that this is pertaining to the Bricks Templates directory so that they don’t independently index on search and not pages built entirely with Bricks.

In reading this Can someone please explain: "Query Bricks data in search results" What does it do? I find myself completely confused and frankly the wording of “Query Data” to be completely vague.

Can anyone please articulate exactly what this pertains to search results wise as it can mean Wordpress search results and Google SERPs. Which is it?

What Bricks “Data” does it pertain to? A document for this linked from the builder settings would be a good best practice to clarify.

As an SEO I definitely want to know as I have found some highly unusual situations I can’t yet explain that this may resolve.

Hi Adam,
I’m moving this thread to the “How To” category since this is clearly a comprehension question, not a bug report.

Sridhar summed it up pretty well:

It is only about the WordPress search. If you have a search field on your website and want the Bricks Posts and Pages included in the search results, enable the setting. If not, leave it disabled.

To make it clearer, I will add a paragraph about the search results to the Bricks Settings article in the Academy.

Best regards,
timmse