Can someone please explain: "Query Bricks data in search results" What does it do?

Hi There,

I would like to know a little more about the “Query Bricks data in search results” option in the Bricks Builder Settings.

What are the effects when it is enabled?
Why does this option exist?
Why is it by default unchecked?

It would be nice to know a little bit more about what this does.
I honestly don’t know if I should have it enabled on my site.

Kind Regards
Steven.

1 Like

Hi TCL.,

It does what we expect it to :slight_smile:

Out of the box Bricks content won’t be included in the WP search results.

This means if you have used Bricks to build your Pages, those Pages won’t appear in the search results.

Enabling this option will include all the content you have built with the Bricks editor in search results.

4 Likes

If I may expand on this Sridhar.

For anyone reading this due to their search results not finding data on anything you built with Bricks templates or search results not working correctly:

If checked: the CONTENT of the pages will be indexed for search results not the Bricks TEMPLATE DATA itself (template names, etc). For the longest time I kept this unchecked because I didn’t want users to see results regarding the Bricks TEMPLATE NAMES or data, which of course is not how this option actually works.

IMHO having this checked should be default and a change in wording would have avoided hours of frustration and headaches on my part of search results not finding content. :crazy_face:

I think the wording on the switch is confusing and kept me from understanding it’s purpose of including CONTENT DATA from the pages to search results not actually what I considered Bricks template DATA.

Instead maybe the switch should say something like: “Include content created in Bricks templates in search results.”

I think this comes down to the way each user uses Bricks as well so it might not fit for everyone.

Just saying.

4 Likes