One Click Google Font Local Hosting

I like the way how Zion handles offline font. You select whatever Google font you like in the editor and it will automatically download it to your site. Unlike Bricks where you need to download the file and upload it yourself.

33 Likes

Yes, please! This is a must-have specially in Germany!

4 Likes

Agree. Just one click away to load Google Fonts locally.

I’ve submitted this idea to ideas board before but didn’t get approved.

2 Likes

Even if not in Germany, it is also a good feature to have in Bricks. Loading google font locally with just one click away without needing to upload the font is so convenient. Just like Zion Builder did some time ago.

4 Likes

Maybe they can load from https://google-webfonts-helper.herokuapp.com?

Hey! Not clear about your reply. You wrote for the dev of Bricks or…? :smiley:

Ja maybe they can get the files from there. There are all types of Fonts, woff woff2 etc…

1 Like

Yes, please, this would be SO convenient!

Fully support this! A necessity for EU countries

1 Like

100% musthave here. lawyer letters allready getting sent out to companies using google fonts. there was a curt decision in munich in feb 2022… so please, add this asap!

2 Likes

I guess you guys are taking my feature request in wrong context. Bricks already support loading fonts locally (GDPR compliant). There is a font dashboard under Bricks settings on the left admin sidebar menu. What I am asking for is one click font downloading instead of manually uploading the font file.

2 Likes

I have not mistaken your request. I fully understood that you do want to have a ONE click solution for making google fonts locally available!

This saves a ton of time! Very important!

2 Likes

since the font uploader is crazy timeconsuming and somewhat of weird to download avaiable google fonts first, to upload them later… again there must be an autoimplemantion. and yes the font upload also need a massive rework. couldnt be more time consuming compared to matthias oxygen script solution.

2 Likes

I agreed. One-click hosting Google Font will save our life. We don’t need to download and upload them manually whenever we need new fonts.

1 Like

Would be really helpful. @omega did you submit this to the Idea Board? I couldn’t find it.

I didn’t or may be it was not accepted. I don’t remember. You feel free to submit it there.

Please add this feature…it is insane to pick 46 fonts by hand and upload them each time a font gets an update!

2 Likes

Many legacy themes support one-click caching of google fonts to local.

1 Like

Yes please! Would be a great feature!

Yes. And I do not prefer this option to be provided by a 3rd party addons. It should be available natively.

1 Like