NO BUG: Lightbox does not work

Browser: Chrome
URL: Link to a page that illustrates this issue

I want the visitors of my website to be able to view an image on a larger scale by clicking on it. Therefore I used the “lightbox” feature of Bricks in the “Link to” settings of an image.
Nevertheless when I click on the image on the page, I am not able to see the image but some kind of “placeholder” image as you can see in the following screenshot.

The image is set by dynamic data.

Thanks in advance

I can’t find any lightbox on the linked page. Just tried this on my end by linking the featured image and it worked fine. If your image comes from an acf field, have u set it to return url instead of array? Maybe one of those settings has something to do with it. Just a wild guess though :wink:

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks so much for your report!

As Martin already mentioned, there is no linked image on the page :thinking:

The lightbox works perfectly fine on my end (Bricks 1.7.1):

Best regards,
timmse

@timmse @manc
Sorry, my bad!
I put the wrong link into my post, but changed it now to the right one.
Here it is: Rit 1 in Giro d'Italia 2023: Fossacesia – Ortona - Giro D'Italia

definitely something fishy here, lightbox url is different than the image url. Honestly no idea what could be causing this without actually getting into the site. Which version of bricks are you on? I’d try regenerating the stylesheets and/or changing between external and inline styles. Delete the image and set up a fresh one. If all that doesn’t help then I gotta bow out haha, no clue.

Please update to Bricks 1.7.1 and see if the issue still exists. It’s probably related to this bug:

@timmse
Unfortunately, it is not solved by updating Bricks from 1.7 to 1.7.1. What should I do now?

Please send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you used during the purchase, then I’ll have a look :slight_smile:

Hey,
You are definitely the first to use a simple text field for images instead of the ACF image field :smiley:

But it’s not a problem if you do it that way:

Example: Rit 4 in Giro d'Italia 2023: Venosa – Lago Laceno

Best regards,
timmse

Ow, thanks for your help!