NO BUG: Iubenda Privacy and Cookie Consent plugin breaks builder

The Iubenda cookie consent/privacy plugin breaks the builder interface. All of the tools and DOM are present, but the actual building area is blank/black. When deactivating the cookie consent script, the builder returns to normal.

Video of steps to replicate: iubenda-plugin-bug · CleanShot Cloud

This can be worked around by adding code to the header, but it would be nice to use the plugin.

Browser: Chrome 110

2 Likes

Hi Sara,
Thanks so much for your report!

The problem probably arises because Bricks is running in the frontend and the consent plugin blocks certain things. I don’t know the plugin unfortunately - is there a possibility to exclude it for administrators or on pages with certain parameters (?bricks=run)?

Alternatively, you can check if you’re in the builder or not with bricksIsFrontend.

<script>
document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function (e) {
  if (bricksIsFrontend) {
    console.log("hello frontend!");
  }
});
</script>

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Hello Sara and timmse, I am also facing the same issue. I tried inserting the following code, but the problem still persists.

<script>
document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function (e) {
  if (bricksIsFrontend || window.location.search.includes("bricks=run")) {
    console.log("hello frontend!");
  }
});
</script>

Hi Daniele,
The code does nothing but write “hello frontend” in the console and was just an example how to check if you are in the frontend or not :slight_smile:

I just installed the plugin in our test installation and can’t find any problems in the builder (Bricks 1.8 beta 2). It shows the Cookie notice, but the builder loads perfectly fine for me :thinking:

Hi timmse, thank you so much for the response. The issue was resolved as soon as I correctly flagged the option as shown in the image. This allowed everything to work properly without any blockages.

2 Likes

Hey, super!
Since I don’t know the plugin I asked exactly for this option, I’m glad that it exists and that it works with it :slight_smile:

Thanks for clearifying, I also have an Iubenda license and wondered if it will work with Bricks Builder.