Migrating from Subdomain to Domain

I am migrating a site from a subdomain to a domain. After exporting and importing the database, I replaced all the subdomain links with the domain. I can get into the new wordpress site, all the pages are listed, all the images are listed. However, editing a page with bricks shows an empty page, with the header showing and the footer not showing. I vaguely remember some comment about the URL being used as part of a GUID in bricks. I can see all the bricks metadata records in the table postmeta. Please help. (the subdomain is still up and running)

Hi Nora,
please go to (WordPress) Settings » Permalinks and hit save. The chances are good re-saving the permalinks solves the issue :slight_smile:

Best regards,
timmse

Hi Stefan,
I did try that once. For good measure I tried it a few more times, no change. Another detail is that the WP Files location is in a subdirectory. This is working fine in the source:
subdomain.domain.org = site url
subdomain.domain.org/directoryname = WP address

Hey,
would you be so kind as to send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you’ve used during purchase, so we can take a closer look?

Thank you in advance,
best regards

timmse

I successfully fixed my problem by going back to the original DB export file and making manual changes to the siteurl and home entries in the options table. Then I used PHPMyAdmin to rename all the tables. Then I reimported the modified export file. I did not perform the search and replace (which is something I had done manually the first time). There is another thread which talks about the potential impact of search and replace to the serialized arrays bricks uses. Thank you to @omega who pointed me in the right direction.

3 Likes

I had this aparrently same problem of white backend, strange rendering, problems with header and footer etc.

due to a migration with the duplicator plugin.
I then tried copying, importing and exporting the database etc. and using the plugin “better search and replace”. This did not work as The problem persisted.

I then tried the migrateguru plugin and that worked for me.
This is not only the easiest thing I tried, but also the only effective thing.

Wouldn’t Search - Replace from the SSH terminal do the same, just with a single command?

best migration and backup tool that I use all the time that sovles this problems without even thinking about it :slight_smile:

WPVIVID

all important features are free have fun with it.