SOLVED: Error when clone a Bricks site into a new domain

Bricks Version: 1.5.3
Browser: Chrome 90
URL: (a link to a page that illustrates the issue would be really helpful)

I clone a bricks site by doing: copy code to a new folder, duplicate database, use wp cli search-replace to update from old domain to the new one.
the result is terribled:

• it’s take about 1 mins for the first load.
  • all bricks parts in my website are broken, they seem to be zero content (look like the first time you edit them in Bricks) but the revisions for each parts are still exist.

I can make it right by going to each bricks template and page, apply the lastest revision then save.

But it seems a bug. I cloned a ton of sites by the same method (duplicate code, database, replacing old domain by the new one in database) before and got the same site as the origin

Solved:
If you export and import database use wp-cli, please include --skip-optimization options to fix problem with Bricks

I had a similar experience. Here is what I ended up doing. You cannot do a blanket search and replace of the domain. (Migrating from Subdomain to Domain - #5 by Nora)

Here is a link to the comment by @omega on Bricks using the serialized array format. Help! Migration is removing bricks layout - #9 by omega

1 Like

Thanks @Nora
I figured out my problem. I imported the database by wp-cli command, seem it ignored serialized data.

1 Like

You just used copy from domain to domain with search - replace?