How to use conditional logic with forms (radio buttons)

Hi bricks community!

I have a forms element with several radio buttons with options in it. Based on the selection of the user I want to display a second forms element. How can I do this with the conditional logic?

I assume that I have to choose dynamic data. But how do I control/target the forms element correctly within the conditional logic? I would be infinitely grateful for your help.

Hello joeba,

had the same issue and found piotnetbricks.com doing this fine. It´s a plugin that enhances bricks in various ways e.g. calculating fields in forms or creating your own elements.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I’m almost sure this works with bricks standalone without having to pay for additional plugins. Does anybody else knows how?

I’m working on a similar problem, and I’m a bit stumped too. As far as I can tell Bricks doesn’t have a built-in element that does this - I’m a beginner at this stuff, but it’s been a month since your post and nobody else has written with any suggestions either.

The three broad strategies I can think of are:

a) Use tabs instead of radio buttons. Have people select the tab that reveals the desired version of the form. This is what I’m thinking for my purposes, but I guess it depends how many radio button options you had, and it would probably only work for one layer of choices.

b) The most elegant UX solution is to add some manual javascript and/or CSS to reveal hidden elements based on radio button clicks. I’m too much of a hack to code that easily myself but it’s almost certainly doable with some web searches for tutorials.

b) submit the form with just the radio buttons on it, then use conditions to choose which form page to display next (thread where someone is wrestling with how to do this: WAIT: Conditional logic show/hide error And-or logic - #5 by simplecreative). The UX is worse this way because it requires more clicks and page submissions (also more pages cluttering up your back end), but has to be doable (though again it would take me some research time to work out how to execute it

Hopefully some of that helps?

Alex

Hi, I need similar task, its already worked? Now I cant do this with textfield - https://i.imgur.com/ri6SwOa.png

All works native, thanks

Nice!

Native conditional logic was added after the original question, I think… but I can see how this would solve the problem.

Now do I go back and fix the ugly kludges I built that work? Or just leave them in place? Le sigh…

Where did you find these options? I can’t find anything to set conditional logic on form fields.