Extending Ionicons library in Bricks

It seems the Ionicons library in Bricks is sort of incomplete, I was wondering if there’s a possibility for Bricks to include the Ionicons library in full.

In my example, I was searching “calendar” in Bricks for the Ionicons library, and two results came through. However when I searched Ionicons own website, they seem to have three results for “calendar”, times a few more too because it’s the same three but in one case they’re all filled in, another they’re all outlined, etc.

Searching Ionicons: The premium icon pack for Ionic Framework for “calendar” is a good example which led me to file this improvement request. I’m sure there are plenty of other search terms that could show off this limitation in the current Ionicons library within Bricks though.

Ideally I’d love the ability to import other complete icon libraries sets ourselves, but figured this one could be looked at in the meantime. :wink: (Also we should vote up this idea in the Bricks Builder Ideas area too for anyone who stumbles across this thread)

Wanted to follow-up on this as this is over a year old now. I still see quite a few Ionicons icons missing. Is there a reason for this? What version of Ionicons is being used in Bricks specifically? I noticed some newer ones released in March 2023 for example which still aren’t included either (chevron-expand, etc).

We really need the ability to import whole icon sets or update externally perhaps via Bricks (so it doesn’t depend on Bricks’ own updates), or at the very least the current icon sets included in Bricks need to stay up-to-date please. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fully agree. A bunch of icons are missing. And yes, importing custom icon sets is missing!