Dynamic Image Gallery / Carousel Help

Hi All.

I require some help being a newcomer to this. I need certain images to be associated with certain posts. I would like to create a template and insert a section into the template for a gallery or caurosel/slider,… where the images shown are pulled in dynamically, but ONLY images associated with that post. This way, future template updates won’t force manual updates on every single page to be done hundreds or thousands of times.

I am not a developer but can learn enough to get some basic code and plugin setups working if someone could point me in the right direction for a “how to” example. I have read here about Happy Files and ACF and Metabox, PODS, etc but don’t know which one would be best for this. Is Happy Files being worked on? The public roadmap seems outdated. I was just looking over Metabox but want to ask before I get too far down the rabbit hole.

Thank you. I have a a similar question for table/text but will make a separate post.

Hi @yakman

I have a similar problem. Did you find a solution?

1. I ended up using the plugin “PODS”.

2. In that plugin, I setup a dynamic field, with the field type being “images”. This creates a shortcode.

3. In the Bricks template, I used a “carousel” element. In the “images” field path, I used the shortcode PODS created.

4. The images pulled into the carousel, are the ones that you upload to a specific Wordpress post. When you upload images to a post (with that plugin field created), it associates those images with that post. Then, the dynamic code from step 3 pulls only those images in.