Dropping Bricks Builder. Moving to Zion Builder

I am not tracking Zion anymore. Dropping Bricks Builder. Moving to Zion Builder - #30 by omega

2 Likes

Nice to hear :slight_smile:
Isn’t time to close this topic?
@thomas

1 Like

Zion is so slow…and the lead dev is irresponsible for being absent and continuously giving users reasons and false hopes.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to open this topic again but I’m at the decision to drop Zion and go with bricks or not and thought Omega could give insight as to whether he came back, ever changed.

I know it’s not good to bump threads and I won’t do it again.

1 Like

@Lukay I did came back to Bricks and I feel I made the right decision. Dropping Bricks Builder. Moving to Zion Builder - #30 by omega

Stefan of Zion is not able to stick to his commitments even though he is a very skilled developer. His communication is sub par. He will come back for some time and will go missing again. There is no consistency.

4 Likes

I didn’t last long with Zion when I saw their menu widget caused enourmous CLS and killed google page speed. They were indifferent about the problem. Then I also discovered they have no blank template. Their templates pick up styles from the active theme. So all sorts of stuff will change on you if you change themes. Also, the page can look different on the front end than in the Zion builder due to it picking up theme styles. It’s a mess.

When you’re creating your site with Zion, If you wish your site to be plain(no 3rd party resources), you will need to use a blank theme instead of others. But the issue is that Zion doesn’t have a theme styler(we’ve requested it for ages). You have to do everything manually.

Yes, I know that and it’s ridiculous and backwards. It should have a blank template that works with any theme.

I don’t get posts like this one. Why is this guy making it such a big deal he doesn’t like Bricks? Just go with that Zion Builder. Good for you!

4 replies before he said he isn’t using Zion anymore.

Anyways this thread should be locked instead of always be bumped.

5 Likes

@timmse Can you please lock this thread? It’s irrelevant now.

8 Likes