Class UX Improvements

Search characters freely

|292x266.09677419354836

• Allow users to type characters (such as mgb) to find classes instead of having to be super specific

Arrow down to select classes

• Use the keyboard and enter to select and add classes (without having to use the mouse to click on them)

Switch delete and remove

|314x107.34185303514377

• The remove option is likely to be used more so it should be at the end for easy access (delete is there right now, as we don’t’ have a selector manager)

Class/Selector Manager

• Allow users to create folders and organise their classes

• This would also allow moving the order in which they are outputted in the stylesheet

• With Oxygen you’re stuck with the order you create them
  • An advanced feature would be seeing where these classes are being used:

19 Likes

These would be awesome improvements.

4 Likes

Yes! And pressing enter after typing a class name should add the class. It currently doesn’t do anything.

10 Likes

@thomas just following this up to see if these UX improvements are planned?

It would save so much time (especially using fuzzy search for classes)

4 Likes

Agreed, would be great to have these improvements.

add also importing of classes with locked-attribute and avoid the import of existing classes (or better ask for replacing them)

Just a note that this sub forum is for discussing feature requests that are currently on the idea board. If you want your idea to actually be considered, you have to submit it there.

Thanks but If you look at other threads you’ll see that’s not entirely correct. I know about the board, but that’s mostly for bigger feature improvements

That’s true, but following proper process is still important.

Plus, putting it to a vote is important because not everyone might want it and this is a community driven project.

On one side, I like more flexibility and I see the value in your suggestions. But on the other side, changes like this can cause code bloat for what I consider to be little gain.

This has a lot of votes for a forum post and is good, standard UX principals that don’t take away from users. Also, nothing here would cause code bloat. Thanks!

3 Likes

It would add more code, therefore code bloat. But to each their own I guess. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Will be added in 1.5 :wink:

Agreed. Will be added in 1.5 :wink:

“Global Classes Manager” has been submitted as a feature request (https://bricksbuilder.io/ideas/#4308) and will be added in a future release.

@Deanphillips Fuzzy class search should already be working in 1.4, no?

8 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sounds great! Can’t wait :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@thomas Is 1.5 the next release or we have few updates in 1.4.x series to go before we reach there?

1 Like

Can’t wait to see what’s in 1.5.

Yeah, 1.5 is the next scheduled release. We aren’t too far off from the 1.5 beta. Lots of cool features in there :muscle: Anything before that are just gonna be hot fixes (if needed).

4 Likes

@thomas

That’s just awesome. :clap: :clap: :clap: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Fuzzy search doesn’t work atm.

Example typing mgb doesn’t make the margin bottom classes show:

You have to be exact still:

1 Like

Can we get a keyboard shortcut to focus this input as well? Since it’s used so much.

Yep, this will be possible in 1.5 like this:

“When focus is on panel you can press TAB twice to bring global class dropdown into focus & automatically expand it.”

More details: Changelog – Bricks

4 Likes