WPML Compatibility thread

Thanks for your efforts!!

However, I have copied your new code and it doesn’t work either :frowning_face:

get the same result as before. The condition returns to “false”, because in the frontend I don’t see any text in any language when {wpml_language_slug} == en (or fr or ca).

Hi! I arrive here thru other threat.
I just want to let you know that you can do the same with an included WPML function.
That mean that you don’t need to add any code, just put the function in the dynamic data

Here the function:
{echo:icl_get_current_language()}

4 Likes

Hi, I am building a multilingual site using Bricks, WPML, and LearnDash to build a course.
WPML works fine on pages, but for WPML I have to create a template inside bricks to show the course, lesson and topics pages.

The problem is that when I am inside the LearnDash lesson for example and I change to English I see the video content but without any other LearnDash settings, like the progress bar, next lesson button, mark as complete…etc

Any ideas?

Hi, would you mind to tell us how you translate your pages? I’m building a bilingual site using wpml now, but somehow my layout & content are not appeared on translated pages. I try to edit the translated page in bricks despite the wpml warning (they want me to edit via wpml translation editor), but nothing appear on frontend still.

Aside from that, my header template are working in both languages, even without using conditions or create separate templates.

I’m using wpml & bricks latest version on my site.

Thank you!

Hi. You cannot use the WPML translator editor.
You have to duplicate pages and do the translation in every new page

Ah I see. Thank you so much @marcorubiol ! You’ve made my day! It’s now working. For anyone who maybe face any difficulties like I am, here are what I did after I duplicate the page in original language.

*Browser will refresh and a note ‘(duplicated)’ will appear on wpml column on the page, along with ‘pencil’ icon. Click the ‘pencil’ icon.
*The browser will load a wpml translation editor window with a warning popup. Choose ‘Edit Independently’.
*Translated all content available as usual, don’t forget to check to mark it as complete. Then choose ‘Save & Close’. It’s done!
*(optional) If you already create a menu based on the original page, you may need to synchronize the menu so the translated menu will appear on the header.

I’m using Bricks 1.8.5, ACF Pro 6.2.0 with WPML 4.6.5 (& strings translation & AFCML addon). All working properly up to this point.

Another tips:
*Before translating any page, make sure to finish creating/editing the layouts in Bricks. Any Bricks edits after duplicating the page will not appear on translated version. If this happens, you need to detach the translated version to None and delete it, then repeat the process to duplicate the original version page.
*Use ACF/Metabox/Custom Field for all text inside the page that needs to be translated. If there are any revision in the future, you can easily update it via wp backend & translate it via wpml translation editor.

Again, kudos for @marcorubiol.

1 Like

Current problems:

• Link: Link type internal post/page-> links to main language always, not to translated.
  • WooCommerce page (cart,checkout etc.) translations is not working. Main language loads always.
  • WPML settings update links for translations → not working.

I have same issue using field type url in ACF. I ended up use text field type then translate the link manually. Thankfully it works.