Woocommerce cart / basket broken and Bricks 1.5.7

Bricks Version: 1.5.7

Just a heads up really.

I updated bricks to 1.5.7 on a Woocommerce and all OK except my Cart page was completely broken. I could not even edit the template. Deleting the template and switching back to basic page did not fix it. Reverting to Bricks 1.5.6. did.

I then updated from Woocommerce 7.0 to 7.0.1 and updated Bricks to 1.5.7 and everything was back to normal.

This behaviour is a bit of a problem for a lot of Woo stores as often its best not to update to latest until all associated plugins are compatible. Hopefully a one off or related to my specific config.

How was it broken? I struggle with the mobile view on a project. It’s a mess…
Could I possibly suffer from the same issue?

Hi Mike,
Thanks so much for your report!

We had to partially update the WooCommerce templates to WooCommerce 7.0.1 because something changed there that would have caused our templates not to work with the current WooCommerce version. Of course, this is also the case the other way around: if the template is designed for 7.0.1, it may cause problems in older versions.

As long as the template and plugins are up to date (as they should be), there is no problem.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

I think mine was a different problem. The cart template lost the header and footer and quite a bit of the content and placed everything inside a small box in the middle of the screen.