[WIP] Wish for first level communication

It may just be me but I’m feeling like there’s been a lack of communication/transparency again the past few months with the 1.8.x series. While the beta period for 1.8.0 was a big one since it included a major new feature which needed much testing and refinement, since that version I’ve seen a few concerning items which I believe could be avoided or at least better handled with better communication.

• Since 1.8.0 in particular it seems there has been a number of bugs which seem high-impacting or at least should have been easily avoidable with automated test harnesses. I wrote a forum post on this over a month ago FYI: An observed increase of uncaught (sometimes high-impact) defects, a request and offer to expand test cases for future releases

• I also haven’t seen too much movement with respect to improvements with the feature request process, other than perhaps a slight improvement in the time from feature request to published idea for voting: [WIP] Concerns around the Ideation process. How are new requests handled in the Idea Board tool for Bricks Builder?

• There is very active post thread requesting and discussing Global (and specifically morphed into Dynamic) Components which Brick’s competitor Cwicly has recently implemented and “changed the game” sort-of, but the Bricks’ team has been noticeably absent from the discussion here: Global Components are needed in Bricks!

• There has also been a number of cases in smaller areas where there are Facebook-only posts, or absence of important items in the Announcements area of the forums here, such as official 1.8.0 and later releases (last announcement was just for the 1.8 beta). There has also been no formal announcement of the “User Survey 2023” in the forum here, only in the Facebook group. I may have misunderstood but I thought there was going to be an improvement in utilizing the forums here for the official communication channel for these types of things while cross-posting in Facebook too?

While things were definitely better for a while after this thread’s discussion since April and May, things seemed to have slipped backwards again for the last couple of months. I’d love to see things improve again and get back to where they were and should generally always be for Bricks’ users. :slight_smile:

I definitely recognize that Bricks is a small business still and like any small business will have a number of growing pains, I just also really hope comments from users/customers are taken into consideration to keep the community vibrant and happy and to learn where the weak points are and how to improve. :slight_smile: With that said and on the same note… this is a quick reminder too for others to fill out the “User Survey 2023” at BRICKS User survey 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣3️⃣.

7 Likes