WIP: Unable to delete all classes

Hi folks. (newb) not sure if this is a bug or not.

Installed Bricks on a staging site to play around with. Yesterday, I installed a 3rd party template (archive by fancybricks). I noticed in auto-suggest that it has installed 100+ classes so I started deleting them. They deleted initially but when I closed the page and re–opened it again, all the classes reappeared again in auto-suggest. I have redis installed so I flushed/deactivated and deleted them again but the classes re-appeared again.

I then installed acss and none of the default acss classes appeared in auto-suggest.

On a different note, Is there any way to batch delete classes as this is really time consumining having to delete them ll one by one.

2 Likes

Hi @stuibhart,

Thank you for your report. There’s a known bug where you can’t delete all classes, so you’d have to keep at least one or add one after deleting (not ideal, just a temporary workaround until we release a fix).

Regarding being able to batch delete classes, yes that should be easier to do once the Global Class Manager is shipped: Roadmap – Bricks.

1 Like

This issue has been around for a very long time and the “workaround” no longer works. I’m shocked the upcoming update to the global css manager will enable css variables but we cannot delete css classes - surely something as simple as this should take priority?

Hi Farhan,
Welcome to the forum!

It’s still valid. You must keep at least one class, and you can get rid of every other class. The same applies to the variables.

CleanShot 2024-04-26 at 10.04.54