WIP: Right click not working on certain elements

Browser: Chrome 110
OS: macOS / Windows / Linux / etc.
URL: Link to a page that illustrates this issue
Video: Short screen recording that illustrates this issue (free tool: jam.dev)

[Please describe this bug in as much detail as possible so we can replicate & debug this bug]

Noticed that on some elements (not all, appears random) in the right sidebar, I can’t get the right click functionality. This is just one example:

http://recordit.co/YFDbnySJUD

Same here:

https://jam.dev/c/3c4fe20c-3787-468e-9017-f6b48548d5bf

1 Like

Hi @robp & @jdp,

Thank you for the reports. We also received a similar report through tickets. Could you please share which third-party Bricks addons you’re using?

The common factor in these reports is that the elements facing this issue contain IDs that are all numbers when the element is created (which is not the default behavior, so my best bet is that there’s an addon interfering with the element creation).

1 Like

For me - ACSS, Frames, BricksExtras and BricksForge currently :slight_smile:

Did you create the elements with this quirk from scratch in Bricks or did you import them from a third-party addon?

I couldn’t be 100% sure - but the element in question there was importing using the Frames library :slight_smile:

It seems that the other user who encountered the issue also imported the flawed element from Frames.

Could you please reach out to their support team so they can investigate further? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have shared this ticket on their bugs section so we shall wait and see. Thanks

1 Like

Hey @charaf i’m one of the Frames developers and I’m wondering how this can be a Frames problem :thinking:

In my opinion this happens purely by chance. I noticed exactly the same thing on my site, but I don’t have the problem on the original.

I can export the JSON and send it to you if you’d like to take a closer look.

Thanks for your support

Hi @tobiashaas & @robp ,

In both instances where we received access, the faulty elements were imported from Frames, hence my speculation.

But it appears that my speculation was wrong as I was just able to replicate the issue locally by importing a community template.

So seems like the issue can happen when importing templates from the templates manager in general.

I have added this to our internal bug tracker :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great that you’d isolated it charaf! Hopefully one step closer to making it more seamless with those tools - definitely seeing a lot of odd things with the last few updates to Bricks when using things like Frames and ACSS, as well as native copy and paste in Bricks and big lag on query loops updating styles and content.

Adding a report to this. This is happening to me while using templates in general, regardless of whether it’s from a community template or one I made myself. The common factor seems to be when the data-id of the element in the builder is all numbers. Changing the data-id through the element inspector allows bringing up the context menu, but operations on that element doesn’t work properly when you do that opbviously.

Right now, because of this, I can’t delete some elements in the builder. Only work around I’ve found is put that element inside a throwaway container/block/div, duplicate it, and hope the generated id of the duplicate isn’t all numerical. Then delete the original by deleting the parent.

Interesting thanks for the addition. Be great to get this fixed, as its causing lots of weird things to happen with Frames in general like when duplicating and cloning etc.