SOLVED: Query loop for posts not working on all product archive pages

Bricks Version: 1.5.7
Browser: Chrome 107.0.5304.107

I put a query loop at the footer to query the recent post, It works on all the pages except the Product archive pages. It will be empty on those pages.

3 Likes

Hi Alf,
Welcome to the forum, and thanks so much for your report!

I was able to reproduce the issue and added it to our bug tracker.

Best regards,
timmse

It’s been a month, still not fixed? :frowning:

Just checking in @timmse to see if there’s any movement on the fix for this yet?

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi guys,
We’ve fixed this bug in Bricks 1.7 beta, now available as a manual download in your Bricks account: Account – Bricks

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse

I think the fix is only to fix the post show on the template type ‘WooCommerce - Single product’ , and if you check the ‘WooCommerce - Product archive’ , it will still empty at the footer.
@timmse

I have a demo site for customer
this is the WooCommerce - Product archive , you will see no post at the bottom
Exterior Care – Ocean Star – Premier Household Supplies Contract Manufacturer & Private Label Supplier (oceanstar-inc.com)

Hi,

May I know did you turn this on for the Recent Posts query in the footer?

Regards,
Jenn

Thanks @itchycode , I didn’t notice the toggle before. Now the query loop is working, the bug is fixed

1 Like

Hi guys, I had the same issue, so many thanks for the fix:) Although I have another problem, that occurs only on archive pages: when I try to use blog posts on product category archive page, I can see the posts (after checking disable query merge), but the pagination completely doesn’t work. When I click the number literally nothing happens. Anyone managed to solved that problem?

Hi @ziemo ,

Kindly create a new thread with more details on your setup.
Alternatively, you could send your question to help@bricksbuilder.io including your temp admin access.

PS: Please use your purchased Bricks email when sending as we will do some license verification in email support channel.

Regard,
Jenn

i got also problems with the pagination… did you have 2 different query loops on your site?

hi @itchycode, ok I will try to reach the support, if they provide a fix I will post here for others;) Thanks for your reply;)

@Wario: hi, thanks for your reply. Well I noticed that it glitches only on archive pages if you use a query that “doesn’t belong” to the archive. So let’s say you have an archive for the Woo Product Category and you want to place some additional custom post type grid/slider, or even simple blog posts - then the pagination won’t work. If you replicate it on “normal” page - it will be all ok. So this bug happens only on archive pages.

sorry - my mistake. Normal page also have this issue if you enable “disable query merge” toggle. If you don’t, then it will also work bad, because one pagination will trigger another;) I think this is some bigger issue…

The question is: What do you expect when using two different queries (each with its own pagination element) on one page? In the end it is only one url like example.com/page/n.

Can you show an example of any page with such a setup?

well the potential scenario is not hard to imagine:P Please take a look at this: Affinity Designer 2 - krystian (62.0%) 2023-04-11 at 10.10.33 AM

This would be an archive page for Woo Product category. I need to show the grid of products + section with “inspirations” (blog posts). Both need separate paginations. It would be super easy to do in Divi for example, but somehow in Bricks it doesn’t work… even if I tick the “ajax” box it refuses to work:-S

also if you use for example wpgrid builder plugin - it has no issues with multiple queries with pagination on one site