WIP: Overlay for containers not working

Bricks Version: 1.4.0 RC2
Browser: Chrome 90
URL: https://dev.jt.my

Hi!
It’s been a long time since my last report.

Okay! I am updating my site to 1.4.0 (RC2) in dev mode. But I noticed that the overlay for the container is not working in the front-end(it looked fine in the builder).

Is it not working because of the extra wrapper removed? Or this is a bug?

Or am I missing anything?

1 Like

Hi Jornes,
Thanks so much for your report!

We already have several reports about overlay issues on our list: Search results for 'overlay order:latest' - Bricks Community Forum

Best regards,
timmse

2 Likes

@timmse
Ah, alright! Thank you!
So I didn’t perform the search about this.

Looking forward to the stable release soon. :smiley:

Hi Jornes,
I just took a closer look at your styles and it seems you have a LiteSpeed cache problem. Did you clear/regenerate the cache?

Best regards,
timmse

Yes. I did purge cache multiple times.

But the background image still stands alone… Is Litespeed Cache not able to handle it? Have you deactivated the caching?

When I updated Bricks to RC1 and RC2, I regenerated CSS and Purged Cache.

Or do you want to investigate if there is anything wrong with the LS Cache Setting by accessing my site?

I would like to know if the problem solves itself if you disable LightSpeed Cache completely :slightly_smiling_face:

Okay. I will try this first and report back later.

@timmse

I have disabled the Litespeed plugin. Now, the overlay seems to work. But, the background image is not working as the overlay overwrites it on the same container.

I thought that the overlay was a different div. When I checked through the dev tool only realized that it’s the same div.

But the preview in the builder is fine.

Hm… weird :melting_face:
We will most likely switch back to the RC1 variant for the overlays anyway, so the problem should fix itself.

Best regards,
timmse