SOLVED: Imported theme style sheet won't save

I’m using Bricks 1.4 on a multisite installation with WP 6.0.

I exported the theme style sheet from the primary site and imported it to the sub-site but the imported theme style sheet will not save in the sub-site. I’ve tried removing the style sheet and re-adding it but no luck. I also re-exported the style sheet from the primary site and tried re-uploading it but it still will not save.

The style settings appear to take effect when applied in the builder and the save button is clicked, but when I refresh the builder or view the page on the frontend the style settings disappear.

Here is a video to demonstrate what is happening: Screen-Recording-2022-05-28...

And here is a screenshot showing that the theme style sheet is not available as an option after it was uploaded, saved, and the builder window refreshed

I’ve had similar issues with changes not taking effect. If you haven’t already, try:

• Going into the Bricks settings performance tab
  • Scroll down to the CSS Loading Method
  • Change to external files (if it’s not already)
  • Save
  • Click Regenerate CSS files
  • Toggle back to inline styles (if that’s what you had before)
  • Check your builder and front end again to see if it’s working.

This has seemed to kick it into gear for me most times.

If it doesn’t help, I’m sorry and I hope that somebody else is able to assist you.

@cmstew thank you for the suggestion. I just now gave that a try but unfortunately it did not help. Thank you!

Hey @elgibran

Welcome to the forum :wave:

While you wait for one of the developers to pop into help. One thing i would try whilst waiting would be to just create a themestyle (not by importing). Just create one and add one colour or some random settings and then save it with entire site conditions.

Then refresh and see if the one you just created saves. If it does do not delete it straight away and just try to upload your themestyles so you have two (the created one and the uploaded one).

Maybe by doing this it works out a kink and then allows you to save your uploaded version. If it does save then you can delete the temporary one you created.

Hi Gibran,
Welcome to the forum and thanks for reaching out!

I can’t reproduce the problem, unfortunately. Can you please send us temporary credentials, the theme style as JSON, and a link to this post / a short problem description to help@bricksbuilder.io? Please use the email address you used during the purchase of Bricks.

Best regards,
timmse

Thank you for the suggestion. At the moment I left it as is so support can review it, in case it helps them identify a bug. But I will give this a try on a staging site to see if it’s just a hiccup in my install.

Email has been sent, thank you @timmse !

@Michael I tried your suggestion on a copy of the site and it worked!!! Thank you for that :+1:

@timmse shall I wait for support to look through the development site before implementing Michael’s solution?

Thats awesome @elgibran :+1:

If you could I would let them investigate your site if possible, as there must be something that does not allow you to upload a theme style if there is no current theme style in place…It all goes to help iron out the little bugs and make it better for everyone :slight_smile:

Hey Gibran,
Thanks a lot for the credentials!

I was able to reproduce the issue and added it to our bug tracker. The workaround mentioned by @Michael works perfectly fine! Thanks Mick!

Best regards,
timmse

@timmse that’s great! Can I go ahead and continue working on the dev site?

Yes, my thought exactly :ok_hand:

Yes, sure you can :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should be fixed by now :partying_face:

1 Like