Where to discuss all the various Bricks Add-ons/plugins?

Hi, Is there anywhere to discuss all the different Bricks Plugins and Add-ons? Not Facebook though.

Thanks
Alan

1 Like

Not a forum for discussing, but https://bricksdirectory.com/ has a great list and directory of lots of great Bricks add ons.

1 Like

Thanks, yes seen the BricksDirectory. It would be the ideal place to host a forum to discuss the relative merits of all the plugins now available.

For me I really just want one function but am struggling to identify which plugins A) offer it b) are value for money - too many are massively overpriced IMO. Esp if you just need one function. c) don’t impact performance by loading in tons of stuff I don’t need.

I can ask each developer but really value the wider opinions of the community.

Cheers
Alan

There’s also a Discord channel - Discord Server for the Bricks Community

But tbh i’d say this forum is as good as any for getting info from users, as all Bricks users have access to this one. The other communities are smaller. If you mention which functionality you’re after, no doubt somebody here will know which solutions offer it. Or if there’s a tutorial available for doing it natively in Bricks.

1 Like

Many thanks. I looked at the Discord but not for me … too many annoyances.
I didn’t want to ask here as not pure Bricks and didn’t want to annoy people asking about specific plugins.
But maybe a How to is ok.
Thanks
Alan

I quit Discord also. Mainly due to limiting the number of platforms I’m on. Very easy to lose track of conversations and I found myself spread too thin and often missing replies and messages.

I don’t think it’s too strict around here about mentioning solutions to problems. I don’t think anybody does anybody advertising, apart from i see people marketing templates in the showcase section, but apart from that people are free to discuss any WP plugins or code snippets that provide solutions. If people started advertising here, then they’ll probably crack down. But generally it’s a free place to discuss things.

2 Likes