WAIT: Woocommerce checkout Fields

Bricks Version: 1.5.7
Browser: Chrome 90
URL: (a link to a page that illustrates the issue would be really helpful)

When disabling the country field for checkout in bricks, orders cannot be completed, shipping methods will not be available.

But is you use display none or visibility hidden in CSS, everything works fine.

Thanks for a great builder.

1 Like

Hi Cyrus,
Thanks so much for your report!

The reason is probably not Bricks, but WooCommerce related: https://woocommerce.com/document/tutorial-customising-checkout-fields-using-actions-and-filters/#how-are-checkout-fields-loaded-to-woocommerce

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Hey M8,

Tell me about it, Woocommerce is the spawn of Hell :slight_smile:
Maybe my next project should be a new better e-commerce platform for WP :slight_smile:

That being said, the issue occurs when I use Bricks built-in “remove fields”… And it’s not only bricks all plugins I have used which offer the option to hide fields have at some point encountered this.

I just thought you should be aware that people will experience this, if they remove the country field. Unless they manually write CCS code visibility hidden or display none.

Hey,
Are you sure you removed the country from billing and shipping? For me, the checkout works (Bricks 1.6 Beta 2):

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

So I found the issue, if you wish to address it in a later update.

Bricks builder does not take into account the option “Force shipping to the customer billing address” in Woocommerce settings, which removes all shipping fields.

As you mention for it to work you have to remove Country/Region both from billing and shipping fields in Bricks.

Thanks!