SOLVED: Site extremely slow (4-5 sec. per page) after update tp 1.5.7

Bricks Version: 1.5.7
Browser: Firefox 106.0.1

Update to 1.5.7 rendered the site I first upgraded almos useless because it was so slow. No php errors but incredibly slow. Downgraded to 1.5.6 everything works fine again.

1.5.6:

1.5.7:

1 Like

You’d need to share the URL of a page using 1.5.7 showing the issue.

I did notice one thing that seems to have slipped through, which will contribute (perhaps due to WP 6.1 update:

(B1.5.7 + WP 6.1)

1 Like

Similar thing here:

Tested several times, multiple pages, same result. It is a LiteSpeed server, 6GB, 8 cores.

Sorry, I can´t at the moment because my dev. environment is local and I had to downgrade to 1.5.6.

I see the same or similar problems across all the Bricks sites that I upgraded. to 1.5.7 (about 30 sites, the others are file)
Also seeing lots of CLS that was not there before. Reverting to the older version of Bricks and a db backup works fine.

1 Like

Still unable to use bricks with a version higher than 1.5.6 - the server needs almost 8 seconds for the first response everytime i load a page. Any news on this subject?

I’ve got a live site on 1.6.1 and it’s running smoothly. Do you have a dev url to check yet?

I have tested it through with a page. Loading Time with 1.5.6: 0.7s, with 1.5.7: about 2s, with 1.6.1: up to 8s!

Not sure why we dont hear more from the Bricks team about this problem. Its not like only one or two people have reported this. Bricks was fast and great to respond to bug fixes and changes in the first two years, but now it seems they got too big and stopped listening to the core users and developers who use the product in a serious dev environment. People stop talking about browsers, cpu, memory etc. , as most of us run top end equipment anyway. This is a problem that does not exist in other builders, (well perhaps a bit in Oxygen but that’s another issue entirely) and was not a problem until around 1.56 or 1.57…

Numerous people have provided videos, screenshots and login to their sites… PLEASE FIX THIS. framework or not, when you add more elements the builder becomes unusable.

1 Like

I think I can confirm that something is going on. I already contacted the support team at the end of last year and had a productive discussion and investigation with Jenn. Without a real finding or solution unfortunately.

Here are my values with 1.6.1 installed:

And here are my values after downgrading the site to 1.5.6:

I am happy to provide more details if needed and hope that there will be some findings in the near future.

Thanks for your hard work, guys!

Update:

I just recorded a small screencast so that you get a feeling of the difference between the versions: Video uploaded to CleanShot Cloud.

2 Likes

Hi @Alexa ,
May I know did you try to check if any plugins causing the site slow?
Please may I ask if you did send a website URL with login access to help@bricksbuilder.io before?
If so, kindly PM me your email address again, please. I would like to help with this.

Hi @aslotta ,

Thanks for sharing this with the friends here.
However, I did reply to you with the root cause found which is related to a plugin named Real Custom Post Order plugin on 20 Dec 2022
Could you try to check and let me know if it solves your issue?
Thanks.

Regards,
Jenn

Hey Jenn,

as I stated in my screencast plugins increase loading times. That’s usual for WordPress. And some plugins have a bigger impact than others.

But if you watched my screeencast you can clearly see the difference between Bricks 1.5.6 (~ 0.5s loading time) and 1.6.1 (~ 2.5s loading time). In both cases the same set of plugins is used – with “Real Custom Post Order” being disabled in my tests.

So for me that means that Bricks itself plays a role as well.

3 Likes

Hello Jenn,
I just sent you something to look at, thx for taking the time!

I think there is no need to discuss whether plugin or whatever is causing this. I installed this page again with Duplicator on the same account. So everything is identical except one with Bricks v1.5.6 the other with v1.6.1.
v1.5.6 https://maluhia.pebweb.ch/
v1.6.1 https://161maluhia.pebweb.ch/
(have sent details and login to help email)

exactly the same behaviour, but I can´t find anything in my servers log files.

I had it checked by my host provider. They tried several things, also on the server side and came to the conclusion that it is due to Bricks. Wordpress without Bricks with the same plugins etc. run fast on the same server. We can’t solve this ourselves, something has to happen at Bricks.

1 Like

Hi @aslotta ,
I am sorry as I just tested the jenn-test page.
Thank you very much as the staging site still accessible and so I can continue troubleshooting on it.
And great news, finally we managed to tackle the problem and applied a potential fix on your kn-investigate site. Please can you help me to test out the speed? It should be back to normal now :slight_smile:

Hi @Alexa ,
Thank you so much for your login access as well.
I also applied the same fix on your website, kindly test it out.

Hi @DavidKnecht ,
Same thing applied to your 161maluhia website, please help to test as well.

Hope to hear from you soon :slight_smile:
Appreciate your time!

Regards,
Jenn

@itchycode ,
Wow, that’s how I know Bricks!! Thank you for that fix!
How do I apply that to other Bricks pages? And can you tell us, what the fix is about?
Thank you for your investigation and the fix!
Kind regard, David

@itchycode Yep, what DaviKnecht wrote… what about the rest of us having the same problem. I have it on all of my sites, regardless of server configuration, installed plugins, etc…
Regards,
Goran

1 Like