SOLVED: Site extremely slow (4-5 sec. per page) after update tp 1.5.7

wondering same. heard from many about this problem. so i guess some kind of info how to fix would help alot.

1 Like

What kind of fix is possible?

1 Like

Thank you for fixing the problem with bricks. Could you please share how the issue was resolved in a forum post? This information will be helpful for other individuals who are experiencing the same issue, as well as for other projects that I own.

3 Likes

Guys. Calm down! :sweat_smile: I am pretty sure that the fix will be part of a version in the (near!) future if it really fixes the issue.

@itchycode: I will check it later and get back to you. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

near future still may be a problem for some. especially when tech writes there is a fix and donā€™t tell.

@itchycode: Ok. I tested immediately and it looks good to me indeed! Will have a deeper look later today. And although we do not have to knowā€¦ it would be really nice to get some insights about what the issue was (if it isnā€™t too confidential)ā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a lot!!

They are talking about a ā€œpotential fixā€. And potential fixes have to be tested to prevent regression.

Finally managedā€¦ but only potential. ok got it.

It was to be expected that you would not be satisfied.

1 Like

as long as you have np with all is good. i forgot about that. sorry! :kissing_heart:

Youā€™re missing the point. No one wins when a potential fix is rushed to release and then causes new problems. Software development and bug fixing take time. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying.

Happy weekend, @all.

depends on pov. but yes you are right in terms of bricks. since they state they are still in beta and donā€™t even call themself stable or production ready. have a nice weekend.

Hi guys,

Yes, itā€™s a potential fix and so nothing concrete I can share here.
The code still needs review before including it in 1.6.2 next week.

Thank you very much for your patience and have a nice weekend.

Regards,
Jenn

4 Likes

Thanks for the update, Jenn. Have a great weekend!

Looking forward to the update. We also noticed a significant increase in load times with 1.5.7.

@itchycode I see 1.6.2 has been released but cannot see any mention of this issue being fixed in the changelog. Could you confirm?

It is part of the changelog.

1 Like

@aslotta So it is - donā€™t know how I missed that - thanks!

Nothing change for me ā€¦

1 Like

What are your server specs?