WAIT: CSS Code is not completely reflected in the builder

Bricks Version: 1.3.7 Beta
(I noticed this issue since a few version earlier)
Browser: Chrome 90
URL: –

Hi!
I wanted to make this a demo, but I found this issue. As I said earlier, Custom CSS inserted in the builder(not Bricks setting) is not completely working well. This is what I feedbacked some time ago, and the builder is not really taking the CSS code inserted there.

Sometimes the custom CSS code inserted there didn’t work, then I had to refresh the builder. Then the written code is disappeared after the builder refreshes. I have to rewrite the code.

Screencast:

In this video, you will see I have custom CSS code inserted, then it didn’t reflect in the builder. But worked as expected in the front end.

This will make it troublesome to visualise while editing the site in the builder.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you!

Hi Jornes,

This is probably because of our .bricks-container-inner that is currently needed to provide some functionalities on the canvas. Probably it helps if you remove the > from your code.

About the disappearing code: I have never had this problem before, but we have another report on this. We’ll definitely take a look at it.

Best regards,
timmse

Hey @timmse
Thank you!

I’ve never tried removing the “>” for hover effect that targets inner selector before.

I’ll give it a try.

Hi Jornes,
can you please provide login credentials as well? We’re currently investigating the disappearing custom CSS problem.

Best regards,
timmse

Hi @timmse
I’ve sent it over by email.
Thank you!

Hi Jornes,

thanks a lot! I tried hard to reproduce the disappearing custom CSS issue (as you can see in my video), but unfortunately (or luckily :thinking:), I couldn’t.

On Timo’s site, a JS error of a plugin causes the problem most likely - but on yours, there are no visible errors (which is good).

For now, I think we have no choice but to wait and see if the problem comes up again.
If it happens again, please make a screen video with the Developer Console open so that we can understand what is going on.

1 Like

Yes. Not often.

By the way, thank you for investigating it!

1 Like