WAIT: Carousel element is bugged in 1.4rc

Bricks Version: 1.3.7 / 1.4rc
URL 1.3.7: https://137.creatiw.dk
URL 1.4RC: https://ny.creatiw.dk

I just tried to upgrade my page to 1.4RC and it somehow dropped from 99 in performance to below 80… no changes other than the version.

also the builder is slow on pages with the carousel element in 1.4rc…

Hi Martin,
Thank you for the report!

We’re currently investigating what causes the issue.

Best regards,
timmse

just tested with rc2 still same issue

Hi Martin,
We haven’t made any progress here yet. I have installed two test pages on my server, which are identical in content (incl. carousel). I don’t see any significant performance differences between 1.3.7 and 1.4RC2 when I pit the pages against each other.

I get a similar result when I pit your pages against each other: Compare Reports: 137.creatiw.dk, ny.creatiw.dk | GTmetrix

It’s strange that a hint as “Serve images in next-gen formats” is displayed for identical images or “Serve static assets with an efficient cache policy” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

still getting a lower score on web.dev with the “serve images in next-gen formats” and “serve static assets with an efficient cache policy” …

also my gtmetrix score is lower, however the load times are almost 100% faster…

Compare Reports: ny.creatiw.dk, 137.creatiw.dk | GTmetrix

Why are you not serving .webp images? You will reduce at least half an MB in page size by delivering those images in webp format.

Also the size of your hero header (video) is 1.6MB. Check if any scope to reduce it’s size there. Also cache the video file. It’s not being cached right now.

I will be using webp and caching elements @omega . the page is not done yet, and havent optimized yet… however the problem is still not present in 1.3.7 which haven’t got caching yet either… thats my concern :slight_smile:

Old report was incorrect. Read (cancelled) in the request for video file. For some reason the video file was not being loaded properlly in the old report. Check screenshot.

1 Like