WAIT: Builder refresh issue

Browser: Chrome 110
URL: Local Dev

Today is the day for intermittent issues :confused:

I notice quite a few times I edit something (e.g. change the width of a div / background color / font-size) - and it has no apparent affect.
It does work, and front-end it works. But to show in builder I have to do something that forces a layout shift, or refresh the screen.
It isnā€™t very often, or in any pattern I can see - but is I would say 2-3 times an hour when working around the site.

@digismith it could be a caching issue inside the website that you have most likely caching may take awhile depending on the configuration that you made.

Solutions
1.you can also try installing a ā€œcaching clear pluginā€ and try clearing caches with it.
2. trying a ā€œserver cacheā€ inside the hosting server that you have also helps.

Thanks mikey - but this is a local build with no caching.

@digismith issues like this happens when the website system is overwhelmed with every query you make. take an example like removing something inside the builder widget then removing it again and again sometimes it messes up the database from the backend.

Solutions like this involves re creating the layout on it . although its a very tedious procedure hope this helps.

Similar effect here! (donā€™t use any cache or optimize plugin.) it a new glitch from latest stable version. I found this glitch with php 8.xxx. With 7.4 php not problem.

Hi guys,
Thanks so much for your report!

The problem with these random issues is that they are very difficult to track. The hint from @simplecreative that the problem only occurs with PHP 8.x is a first hint. Is this also true for you @digismith ?

Best regards,
timmse

The phenomenon is certainly valid, because before version 1.7.3 I never experienced this or anything similar. The server environment is also varied, but the glich is the same.

What exactly does this mean? Does the problem occur only with PHP 8.x, or not?

For me itā€™s only happened since the 1.8b. My local dev uses php8 - so yes, thatā€™s commonā€¦ but it always has - so it might be the combo of v1.8 and php8.
I did significant work on the same site in 1.7ā€™s and this did not happen once. So my only ā€˜changing factorā€™ - was v1.8b. Aside from a few lines of global css in my child theme - I have not altered any of my code or functions, and donā€™t load/run any js outside of native Bricks. So the environment is stable/unchanged as near as it can be.
Plugins which may load in-builder are ACF, bricksextras, AdvancedThemer and happyfiles.
I have some ā€˜backendā€™ code, to filter post columns, switch post-types and duplicator.
Iā€™m using wpLocal for the dev environment.

No. Php 7.4 is same. I tried yet 7.4.x , 8.0.x, 8.1.x 8.2

It canā€™t really be due to the PHP version, as the data is processed with Javascript. As I said, as long as we donā€™t have any clues, we canā€™t do anything. Please get in touch as soon as you have any new clues that can help us track down the problem.

Ok. Iā€™m just answer your question. :slight_smile: By the way the ā€œproblemā€ is live. :slight_smile:
If I can catch the glich, i wil try to make a video from it.

This is also happening to me. Iā€™m very new with bricks, so itā€™s driving me crazy because I keep thinking that Iā€™m doing something wrong or that thereā€™s something preventing my formatting. After a page refresh it usually works, but not every time. Itā€™s late, so I only read a few in this thread. Iā€™ll read the rest of it tomorrow in case someone has a solution.

Hi Zach,
Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, we still havenā€™t received any concrete information on how we can reliably reproduce the problem and therefore donā€™t have a starting point yet. If you find a way, please let us know. :pray:

Iā€™ve been experiencing this as well for some time now. Obviously itā€™s a bug out there, even if itā€™s not easy to reproduce. My site is running PHP 8.1, and I believe every site I experience this with is using PHP 8.1. What other information can I provide to help pin this one down? Itā€™s really annoying.

Iā€™m currently using Bricks 1.9.3.

Hi Eric,
Unfortunately, I can only quote my last answer:

And additionally:

Iā€™m sorry, but as Iā€™ve also said before, the problem with these ā€œrandom issuesā€ is that they are very difficult to track.