WAIT: Bricks 1.4 Display and CSS Issues

UPDATE: Had to roll back to previous version; can’t have my live site displaying so many ugly formatting issues; don’t have the bandwidth to fix same in the middle of a work week.

Under the latest 1.4 update, the Bricks editor screen does not display the page (or alternately displays the “add element” prompt over a blank center display, despite elements listed in the structure sidebar).

Additionally, custom CSS rules no longer behave as they did prior to the update (still tracking down every instance…!)

Bricks Version: 1.4
Browser: All
URL: https://www.mattselznick.com

Hi Matthew,
Thanks for reaching out.

Do you have the ability to duplicate the site in a subdomain or staging environment and update to 1.4 there so we can take a look?

Credentials would also be helpful then so we can look at the “blank canvas” issue.

Best regards,
timmse

I just don’t have the time to troubleshoot for you guys. Full time job, etc. :wink: However, if you check out the Facebook group, you’ll see that I haven’t been the experience the issue.

I can tell you that I ruled out caching, and I’m running with 256MB of memory; latest version of WP, PHP 7.4.25. Running Bricks through a child theme. Same white center display issue on Edge, Chrome, and Firefox Dev (all latest versions) on Windows 11 and on Windows 10.

I had the same problem after updating 1.4. The page content cannot display, and the front-end page is cluttering.

Hey Matthew,
I just asked you to allow us to look into the problem. That is an essential requirement for us to be able to identify and fix it.

We have received credentials from another user in the meantime.

Best regards,
timmse

Hey @Wen @mwsmedia , are your sites running on a LiteSpeed Server?

1 Like

Oh, I totally understand… I just don’t have the available time to create a duplicate of the site as you requested - and since I can’t do that right now, giving your credentials is moot. I’m very pleased someone else stepped forward with the same issue.

No problem @mwsmedia , but can you please answer my question? :pray:
We are trying to isolate the problem… and possibly the server plays a decisive role.

Nope… here’s the server info:

Server architecture Linux 4.9.159-vs2.3.9.8-vs+ x86_64
Web server Apache
PHP version 7.4.25 (Supports 64bit values)
PHP SAPI cgi-fcgi
PHP max input variables 1000
PHP time limit 600
PHP memory limit 256M
Max input time -1
Upload max filesize 512M
PHP post max size 512M
cURL version 7.64.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1d
Is SUHOSIN installed? No
Is the Imagick library available? Yes
Are pretty permalinks supported? Yes

I’m also running through CloudFlare… but the issue showed up even with CloudFlare shut off and caching cleared.

Hi Bricks Community, with Local for WordPress, I have no issues. On a live site, I found that a Cloudflare setting might be the issue. Turn off the Rocket Loader.

2 Likes

Same issue with blank canvas in Builder here. A lot of JS Errors as soon a i try to select an element in the structure panel. Screenshot: CleanShot 2022-06-03 at 12.31.09 · CleanShot Cloud

Also some design errors in frontend.

Hi @MichelyWeb ,
Welcome to the forum!

Are you using Cloudflare? If yes, please disable the “Rocket Loader” (thanks so much for the hint @krugerfamily).

If you have another provider that also offers similar options, try disabling them one by one. The same applies to installed plugins. If that doesn’t help at all, please send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you used during your purchase (so we can verify you as a customer).

Best regards
timmse

This site is hosted on Cloudways, no Cloudflare involved. Cache disabled.

Hello @MichelyWeb

I replied to your ticket. The JS errors are not coming from any Bricks JS file. I believe the issue on your installation has a different root cause although the result is the same.

Thanks for the Help Luis. Problem was the official Bricks Child theme which i’ve installed once and never updated. Seems it’s not compatible to the new Bricks? Disabling the Child Theme and enabling Bricks Theme itself soved the problem.

@MichelyWeb You are probably running the old version of the child theme. There might also be some code in your child theme creating a conflict. Update to latest child theme and check.

Hello @MichelyWeb
Thank you for your message. The child theme in use on your installation was loading a strange JS file which is not part of the official Bricks child theme.

@luistinygod that iframe.js was not part of the child theme nor is there any reference in code to it.
But in the original bricks exists a builder.php which references an iframe.min.js file. That was the file throwing the error. (Screenshot: CleanShot 2022-06-07 at 16.26.37 · CleanShot Cloud).

After re-enabling the exact old child theme again, the error doesn’t exist anymore. That’s very strange. May it be browser caching (old iframe.min.js in cache)?

I was having the same problem when I update a web with bricks 1.3.7 to 1.4.0.2. My site is on a LiteSpeed server and with Cloudflare.

I solved that with this steps:

1. Deactivate rocket loader on cloudflare and litespeed cache on my web.
  2. activate the Bricks theme, not the Child Theme.
  3. update the theme.
  4. Go to Bricks/settings/convert and push the button.
  5. Activate child theme.
  6. Go to Bricks/settings/convert and push the button again.

Now only my svg have different sizes and some problems with custom php, but the rest is perfect.