WAIT: Bit of lagging + transition bug

Browser: Chrome 110
bricks 1.7

1- When I write some text or code, it has delay to write the it.
2- transition make the cards move …
please watch the video to understand the issues

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JU5TarWSiTPgtSfHSYwC_OgtJGf7J8Em/view?usp=sharing

Hi Mehdi,
Thanks so much for your report!

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the “lagging” issue. Can you try again with a different browser/in an incognito browser and with deactivated plugins? Maybe a browser extension (or a plugin) is causing the issue.

The misplacement of the elements is due to the “all” transition. The width of the slides gets calculated on load, but also animated (because you are animating all properties including the width, not only the transform). Changing the transition property from all to transform should do the trick.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Thank you for your reply
The transform tip worked :rose:

And for the delay/lag you were right, when I use ACSS frame work it has the lag you saw in the video! But when i disable acss plugin, it work without any problem

So what should we do?

Bricks 1.7 should actually have fixed the lag problem. This is probably the most extensive thread on the subject and we’ve only had one reaction to it so far - apart from yours:

We’ll have to wait and see what happens for other users and whether they also still have problems.
I think that in the next few days more users will be able to report whether they are still struggling with lags. 1.7 is only a few hours old…

Until then, I would consider this report to be solved/no bug for the time being. If you have concrete information on how to reproduce the lagging problem or can provide a template, please do so by emailing help@bricksbuilder.io or in the thread mentioned above.

1 Like

Well I sent the login details to the email

I just understood when i select a class and type sth, there is lagging in editor but When i disable the class there is no lagging
Please see the video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12MCF0c0mI_b79Tq5WxTbniovkHhcNx8x/view?usp=sharing

Yep, I saw your email and can reproduce the problem on your website (no other). I’ve asked our devs to look at it again, maybe they have an idea :slight_smile:

By the way, the WordPress dashboard (backend) is super slow from time to time. Have you noticed that too? This may be a general problem with the server that has nothing to do with Bricks.

1 Like

Hi, I can reproduce this type lagging on my dev site as well. I set ACSS and Frames, import a few sections, then if I choose any class to write in transition or custom css, I see it lags, and when I deselect the class, it’s fine.

1 Like

I sent you another website with a good hosting company, you can see the backend is fast but we have the same issue and lagging

I experience a very, very bad lag even after 1.7, specially in the custom CSS box and in the structure panel. Do you want a video or me to perform any test? Or credentials to the site?

Hi Aarón,
We can reproduce the stuttering in the Custom CSS field wonderfully with Mehdi (but not on our dev server) - the Structure Panel Lag is the first time I’ve heard of it. A video + a link to this thread + access data to help@bricksbuilder.io would be great!

1 Like

Hello Timmse :wave:

I am sorry it took so long to reply to your message. I was doing some testing (not really deep), as the other developer and I thought that the lag might have to do with Translate Press and I was waiting to start a new build to check it out.

This new build does not have TranslatePress installed, and the homepage is fairly simple. Still, the lag appears as soon as the builder is loaded (meaning that it does not come over time). You can see the most extreme lag on the custom CSS box in the first part of the video. In the second part, the structure panel reacted quite alright this time, but you can see that at the beginning, I try to open the “about us” section, and it took a second or two to react. This happens actually quite often, and many times blocks the whole browser for several seconds. In the third part of the video, you can see the lag on the padding field, when trying to write a calc function.

In my case, the last release hasn’t really made things better. The lag is extreme, even in a fairly simple page. I will send log in credentials to you, and try another browser too.

Much love!

1 Like

1.7 fixed the lag in Firefox for about a day. Now, it’s basically just as slow again. Is there some settings I am meant to be tweaking in Bricks to prevent this? I disabled autosave.

1 Like

Hi, welcome to the forum!
We are currently working again to get the lags under control :v:

4 Likes