Use Slider labels in stead of arrows/dots for slider navigation

In stead of having arrows/dots, I would like to use the label of each slide - so I basically have a “tabbed slider” - any ideas ? Already done somewhere ?

No one here ? No one answering ? Is everyone on FB ?

Hey!

As far as I know, this isn’t natively possible. But a little trick we talked about in this other thread is to make two sliders. One is the actual slider with dots turned off and the other is a slider made up of the labels only. Then you sync two. It is a bit involved though.

Take a read if you like:

I do not really get that. What I am talking about is basically just the functionality that comes with Crocoblocks JetTabs. Should have made the referene in my post, sorry.

Thank you, though, cmstew

I’ll never understand how crocoblock are managing to sell such small functionality - just tabs and accordion, for a yearly subscription :exploding_head:

Anyway, the above commenter is correct. There’s no built-in solution for adding links/tabs to the page that will control the position of the slider, you’d either need to use the Splide API, and manually add code to make the links control the slider with go()

Or as they said above, sync two sliders so that you style one slider to look like tabs. So to the user, they are just clicking the tabs and the slider is moving. (but secretly the tabs are just abother slider that doesn’t actually move, it’s just there to allow the functionality without having to do it manually)

(both ways involve code due to trying to achieve something that isn’t built into Bricks)

Crocoblock offers superior value for money. But I understand your misunderstanding :slight_smile:

check out their 500 websites for life-license and what it offers. I will go for it I think. They have it all.

What I do not understand however is why someone does not use this and other functionalities. iek table of contents. So basic to a controlled and not exhausting way of digesting website information. It is so basic to content organization. Just as basic as the static/sticky left side-navigation is to anyone reading documentation or going to the Bricks editor.

Designing websites for people to actually use and make it easy for content editors to do so is appparently not a priority.

Brizy does it brilliantly. Anyone can use it.

Sure, i just meant their tabs/accordion being sold for $23 per year.

What I do not understand however is why someone does not use this and other functionalities” - more heavily requested features took the priority. More people asking for conditions, mega menu, mobile menu builder, etc. So these things are next (based on the roadmap).

Table of contents & syncing sliders etc is much further down the list in terms of people voting for the feature. This is why we added them to BricksExtras, as it could take a while to be added natively in Bricks, and I see them as pretty important, but it always depends on people are requesting.

Also Bricks is a fairly new builder in comparision, so there’s going to be functionality gaps in places, compared to more established older builders.

Sure. But I meant more like WHY people dont request as part of basic content organization. Mega menu, “cycling tabs” and “tabbed sliders” appear much to me as a no-coder as the exact same element code-wise - just different attributes activated.

Everybody has a different view of what is vital. Just have to vote for the features you think are most important. People using Bricks must not think tabbed sliders are as imporant as other things.

I know. Just as much as I think Discourse software is awesome - … it is just so unadapted to human use for discussion as an excel spreadsheet. It is just so unusuably ugly as a spreadssheet - when it comes to designing UX

As a designer of information use - it should be obvious that demanding usrs to scroll down to something unknown endlessly is pretty … not-so-clever … when you can achieve that with some tabs, mega menus and sliders.