The backend doesn't detect the CUSTOM CSS

Hi!

I have made a comparison about CUSTOM CSS between Bricks and Zion Builder.

Don’t be mad :relaxed:! I love Bricks as others do. I hope. Bricks could make more improvements on particulars in the site builder. Not just to focus on the significant features.

Refer to the screencast.

In Bricks Builder,
When I inserted the custom CSS into the custom CSS field, the layout in the backend didn’t reflect the changes accordingly. It worked fine in the front end. But, we can’t design it visually.

Please, take a look at how Zion did.
Their detection of Custom CSS is very responsive. When I removed a piece of code from there, the backend immediately reflected and worked as it should. It works fine in the backend as well as the front-end with Zion Builder.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you!

Regards,
Jornes

Hi Jornes,

that’s because we still have a container on the canvas around the actual element (.bricks-container-inner) and that’s the reason why this doesn’t work especially with CSS grid, because CSS grid is not implemented at the moment.

For simple things like colors, sizes etc. it already works directly and without problems.

Until we have implemented grid you have to take care of it yourself. How to do that, I have explained in this thread: CSS Grid does not display correctly in the editor, but works in the frontend

A bit hard to follow… but i think you´ll get it :slight_smile:

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

see this video: CSS Grid in Bricks - YouTube

1 Like

@timmse
Alright. I will check it out and try on the solution given there. Thank you!

:wink: :wink:

@davidovmihail Thank you! I will check it out. :wink: