Template Conditions: Author missing (But is in Populate Content)

Bricks Version : 1.3.6
Browser : Chrome 96

There’s an oddity with Template Conditions.

The conditions are really comprehensive except there’s no ability to have Author as a condition.

What makes it even stranger is that the menu directly underneath (Populate Content) does allow you to select a specific author.

I know what you’ve taken on in building Bricks is a mammoth task, so I guess an oversight/bug?

Hi flimflam,

To get it right: you want an author archive that shows all posts of a specific author?

Best regards,
timmse

To be able to have a Single template that shows a when authorX published a post and a different Single template for authorY

Hi,

I think I understand now. You want to make posts look different depending on the author, for example author X with blue background, author Y with yellow background, correct?

Ok, that’s a bit unusual and currently not possible. However, this is not a bug, but rather a feature request for the Idea Board. Would you be so kind as to submit this as an idea so we can have the users vote?

If the structure is the same and you only want to change simple things like colors, you might be able to solve this with a filter.

The populate content by author option makes sense when building author archives, that’s why you find it when you select archive.

Best regards,
timmse