Subscription based move?

Hi,
So Oxygen have just announced the new Breakdance Builder that will have a yearly subscription fee rather than LTD. Listening to Louis Reingold on the Permaslug Youtube channel, they are doing this because there is no money in an LTD model as well as trying to take business away from Elementor with a no bloat Webflow like user experience.
Currently Bricks is on a LTD but is this going to change in the future and if so what will happen to those who paid for an LTD?
Thanks,
Simon

Read FB post of Thomas which will clear all your doubts.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I’m not a Facebook group member yet as I’m still trying the software. My concern is more for Bricks to make money, which would be easier with a subscription based model as it is recurring revenue.

I personally feel we should leave this concern to the team. They are better judge of the finances.

3 Likes

It is down to the Bricks team but if they don’t raise enough recurring money from an LTD model that could affect all Bricks users.

I believe that Thomas clearly understands whether to offer LTD(or kill it) for the long run or when to switch to a subscription modal. Or offer both at the same time.

We don’t need to worry too much about it. :wink:

4 Likes

Try telling that to the Oxygen users :wink: