SOLVED: WooCommerce Products - Lightbox issues since update to 1.7.2

After I updated to 1.7.2, it looks like the WooCommerce Std. Lightbox is not working properly anymore.
I don´t have a live site where I can show it at the moment. The images get distorted.

2 Likes

Well, now here is an example.

We would even use the carousel instead of the standard WooCommerce product gallery - is there a way to access the product gallery images and use them for the carousel? I can not find the corresponding dynamic data.

1 Like

We, too, after upgrading to version 1.7.2 the lightbox for products no longer works. Instead of it opens the image via a direct link. How do you fix it?

This is a serious issue for us - but I have no idea if someone from the bricks team read this or was able to reproduce the bug.

1 Like

Hi Alexa,
Thanks so much for your report!

I was able to reproduce the issue and added it to the bug tracker.

@parktechno: under what circumstances does that happen?

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

I’m having the same problem on each of the 2 WooCommerce sites I’m currently working on.

If the gallery WC has 1 photo - the lightbox breaks when you open it, the photo opens by a direct link. If there are several photos in the gallery, then the lightbox opens correctly with flipping pictures. Settings of styles for lightbox have not checked yet.

Ok, got it :+1: Thank you!

Hi guys,
We’ve fixed the issues in Bricks 1.7.3, now available as a one-click update in your WordPress Dashboard.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse

Hi, I am still experiencing this issue (just updated it to 1.7.3.). The gallery works, so it slides to the next image. However, when clicking on the ‘main’ image, it still opens up the image as the file instead of lightbox.

Example

Hey Brian,
Would you be so kind as to send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you used during the purchase?

Alright, did that. Thanks.

Hey Brian,
The issue is caused by the “WooCommerce Additional Variation Images” Plugin, which is using a completely different markup than the WooCommerce Gallery itself, breaking the Lightbox.

We can try to fix it in a future version if you want to keep the plugin.

Best regards,
timmse

I am not really happy about this… I used a different (unofficial) plugin to display variation images with WooCommerce. This worked for a time, but for some reason it did not work with Bricks anymore. After contacting Bricks Support, I was told to search for a different way/plugin. So, I changed to an official paid WooCommerce plugin to achieve this. It worked again. Now, you have an update and it is broken, again. So yes, I need this to work, since my client uses almost only variabel products. I believe that the only thing I can do now is to revert back to 1.7.1 and wait for you to fix this with a new release, missing out on other fixes and features in between of the new releases…

This is unfortunately the sour apple you have to bite into if not everything comes from one source, which is of course not possible with WordPress.

I have already added the problem to the bug tracker and we are trying to find a solution as soon as possible.

2 Likes

I get that, and that is very much true, but you can also understand that the client sees it break down twice and I need to tell him that it will be fixed now, third time…

However, glad that you added it to the roadmap. Thanks!

Hi Brian,

We’ve fixed the issue in Bricks 1.8 beta, now available as a manual download in your account by using the default WooCommerce Photoswipe 4.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

As with any beta release, please do not use it on any production/live website. It is only meant for testing in a local/staging environment.

Hi! Apologies for the late reply, it’s been crazy…

I just tested it on the staging and it seems like it is working indeed! Thanks for the much quicker fix than expected!