SOLVED: Woo Notice cannot style in WooCommerce 8.6

Browser: Chrome 120
URL: Link to a page that illustrates this issue

Hi bricks team,

After updating WooCommerce to the new version, WooCommerce notice will not be displayed. I am facing this issue when adding products to the cart on the product page.

For me - too , I can’t change default Wordpress notices styles using bricks. Nothing changing on frontend and backend. Tested on the official demo site. As example, i tried to change background color for error notice in the WooCommerce login form template.

1 Like

Recent updates between WooCommerce versions 8.5.0 and 8.5.1 have caused disruptions to the WooCommerce notice elements in Bricks Builder. The functionality of WooCommerce notices, both from the template settings and the elements themselves, fails to respond to adjustments. Additionally, any modifications applied to live websites have been reverted following the version 1.9.5 update.

1 Like

Hi @HOSEIN ,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Yup, I noticed that WooCommerce changed the notice templates in 8.5.0 / 8.5.1 so all styles are not configurable in Bricks. (Structure, CSS classes are all different )

Additionally, the WooCommerce JS for cart and checkout are changed too.

Recorded in the bug tracker.

For the time being, you can only downgrade to 8.4.0

Download 8.4.0 Release 8.4.0 · woocommerce/woocommerce · GitHub

Regards,
Jenn

3 Likes

Hi guys,
We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.9.6, now available as a one-click update in your WordPress Dashboard.

Changelog: Bricks 1.9.6 Changelog – Bricks

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Hi @timmse @itchycode there were changes made in 8.5 which I believe caused these issues with the notices. There were many other issues across other themes so Woo have decided to roll back these changes for version 8.6 so the notices are not not being styled correctly again as the markup has changed from 8.5 → 8.6

With WooCommerce 8.5, we rolled out block notice templates for all themes. We then realised that this lead to customisations no longer working. With WooCommerce 8.6, we’re rolling back this change

More info

I am building using 8.6 and my notices are not being styled at all due to the above.

EDIT → quick note to say that if you rollback to 8.5.x then the notices will be styled then once Bricks updates/rollbacks to the 8.6 markup you can then update to woo 8.6 and everything should work correctly again

3 Likes

Hi @dan ,

Thank you so much for your info.
Alright, recorded in the bug tracker.

Regards,
Jenn

1 Like

Hi guys,

We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.9.7(.1), now available as a one-click update in your WordPress Dashboard.

Please take your time and read the changelog carefully as Bricks 1.9.7(.1) contains breaking changes that will make your Bricks website more secure.

Changelog: Bricks 1.9.7 Changelog – Bricks

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

1 Like