SOLVED: V1.3.5 now inserts 'Category:' into {archive_title} - Was removed in v1.2.1

What was removed in v1.2.1 has somehow made its was back into v1.3.5! :crazy_face::grinning:

Can you reinstate, so we don’t have ‘Category:’ appearing in Heading - please.

Hi, flimflam!

It wasn´t removed completely, actually, it has been extended :wink:

You can still use {archive_title:context} to remove “Category” in front of your archive title.
Just tried it by myself and it worked like a charm.

Best regards,
timmse

2 Likes

Hi @timmse - Thanks for the response.

I had it displaying without Cat or Tag before - but I think I might have discovered why there’s confusion.

I’ve just been in to alter the text to show in Heading and there appears to be a bug.

If I edit the contents of Heading using the GUI
it doesn’t update the contents in the Bricks control

This led to me making changes via the GUI and the front page showing the Cat/Tag still - and confusing the heck out of me!

Some good news - If changes are made in the Bricks control, they are reflected in the GUI.

1.3.6 has fixed this - Thanks Bricks team!

(Can be changed to SOLVED @timmse)

1 Like

Hi guys. Just discovered this one myself and this is still confusing (to me, at least).

IE I had never seen ‘category:’ prepended to the my product archive titles in the frontend their archive titles with “Category:” so shouldn’t the default be to NOT prepend this or, instead, to show the archive title tag options in the widget? How many more of them are there?

I know this will probably feel like a thankless task but do we have updated list of all the extended dynamic tags? Bricks’ dynamic tags are one of my favourite features but it would be great to see a master reference somewhere that has them all listed - with apologies in advance if they are! :grin:

Hi Colin,
take a look at this: Dynamic Data – Bricks Academy

I cannot say if the list is 100% complete, but we’re currently working on extending and rebuilding the Bricks Academy in every aspect.

The default WordPress behavior is to show it, so we’re sticking to it, too.

Best regards,
timmse

Many thanks Stephan - and good to know re the default Woo behaviour. I somehow hadn’t seen that and suspect the other Woo themes I’m using must also strip “Category” out … but wouldn’t bet my life on that! :smile:

Hi everyone,

If {archive_title:context} doesn’t work for you, you can add the following snippet, and it will remove the prefix for archives on all your taxonomies every where on your WP installation.

//

function custom_archive_title_prefix( $title ) {
if ( is_category() ) {
$title = single_cat_title( ‘’, false );
} elseif ( is_tag() ) {
$title = single_tag_title( ‘’, false );
} elseif ( is_author() ) {
$title = ‘’ . get_the_author() . ‘’ ;
} elseif ( is_tax() ) { // Handles all custom taxonomies
$title = single_term_title( ‘’, false );
}
return $title;